I am not getting any sells... Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Hello.  Please review our site.  We are Detroit based and have a social awareness to give to the autism alliance of michigan.  We have a small social media presence but things are not working out... What do you think?

Thank You My Tackie Tees, LLC
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hello, there! 

Good for you for supporting a great cause.

The first thing I would say landing on your homepage is that I find it difficult to know what your store is selling. There is a lot of small text, and not really any visual clues as to what is being sold. 

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

When a visitor lands on your homepage they should know within two seconds what you sell, otherwise they'll navigate away immediately. What I would suggest is that you really hone your brand to make it very clear what your business is all about. This is a good post on our blog about building a brand.

Once you've defined what your brand about read this whole blog post about designing your homepage. Your 'above the fold' content (this is what the customers sees when they land on your site before scrolling down or navigating away) should be clear, concise with an actionable item.

These guidelines are important for your homepage but you should create brand guidelines that should be implemented across all your channels. The sentiment in your words, images and aesthetic should all align in every instance so that the public has a consistent brand experience. This is another great blog post on how to build brand visuals without using complex design programs. 

If anyone else has more feedback I'm certain mytackietees.com would be grateful.

-Ash

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi I agree with Ash - it's hard to guess for a first time visitor that you are selling Tshirts and apparel - the featured image on the homepage, collection names and even collection pages don't give the clue you want visitors buy from you. Make sure to rename the collections to something more straightforward such as: Shop or Tshirts and remove the lengthy text from the top of the collection page, so the products are displayed at the top and visible as soon as you open the collection page. The text at the moment gives an impression it's a content page, not a collection. 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Hi Ash! 

Thank you so much for your input. I totally understand why the changes are needed, it makes perfect sense. I have made those changes would you mind reviewing the site again?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Hi Rockpapercopy,

I have made the initial changes that Ash and you suggested I really appreciate your help. My next goal is to reword the collection pages. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Wow. Great work. The changes you made are huge improvements. Now, when you land on your homepage it's clear that you're selling t-shirts and other clothing.

Building a brand is a process that never stops. Keep on making incremental improvements to your website images and text. However, what I suggest you work on is getting more traffic to your site. You'll need to make sure you're targeting the right demographic. Instagram and Facebook are going to be great places to find your audience.

I took a look at your Instagram feed and from the posts I've seen I must say if I was a visitor I would be a little bit confused as to what the brand is about. There's suicide prevention, bible quotes, autism awareness, Detroit Steady Boomin and a few other things. My suggestion is that you really hone in on what your brand is about and focus your attention on that. In the same way you made your homepage super clean and easy to read you want everything to look and feel the same way.

Your brand being about Detroit, Christianity, Autism, Athletics all in one is maybe too many things. It doesn't mean you can't live those things but from a business and branding perspective there's too much going on for one small clothing company to communicate succinctly. From what I've gathered it seems like being from Detroit is your brand's main trait that you want to promote and your support of the Autism Alliance of Michigan is a side aspect. This will be a decision you'll have to make on your own but I would focus a little less on your support for the Alliance and try to represent the Detroit the most. The audience for people that want to rep Detroit and support Autism is going to be a lot smaller than the people who want to rep Detroit. But, you can still support the Alliance just as much financially even if you're mentioning it ten percent of the time.

I'm going to link you this post again about creating a brand. I've taken some marketing classes and one of the most important things I learned is that a brand is not a logo. The logo is just one small part of what makes a brand. If you could sum it up you might say a brand is what you think about when you hear a business name, see the logo. So everything you put out in the world relating to your business must connect back to your brand's core ideals.

Now that you've got your website more navigable and easier to understand you need to start bringing traffic. I recommend our free app Kit. Kit uses the data from your Facebook page and send Facebook advertisments to 'like audiences'. I recommend running a campaign for at least a month so you get steady traffic. You want minimum 1000 visitors every 30 days otherwise it's not really enough traffic to analyze.

Sorry if I went on about branding but I find it really interesting. I'd be curious to hear more of Rockpapercopy's feedback as well as she always has great advice.

-Ash

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Ash! Thank you so much for looping back around and revisiting the website. It is much appreciated! I am glad the changes to the website look good. 

Yes, the reference this morning to suicide acns God was because MI is in a state of mourning one of our news ladies took her life yesterday.

I will definately clean up the Instagram account. I was thinking about deleting the feed and starting with a cleaner better theme. 

I am going to look into that link definitely! I so much appreciate all of your assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Hi there,

I like the idea your're supporting a good cause, that's great! As for the website, I would have make the font on the homepage main title and slogan even larger. You need to make an effort to read it, and the most important thing is to make the visitor understand what's the store is all about in the first 3 seconds.

However, I don't believe that the issues of not getting sales are related solely to the website. 

It might be that you're not advertising enough or doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem of every new Ecommerce store.

You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manage advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology.

What's unique about this app is that it use insights from milions of active campaigns in order to create a very accurate audience targeting that is tailored to your store and products.

You can learn more about it in this link: ecom.adscale.com

Hope it helps!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Thank you so much, I will definitely look into that app and I have also increased the font on the home page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Happy to help!.

One more thing I would suggest it to move the stripe where you explain people that your store helps people with Autism, right below the main HERO image of the homepage.

Having a story or something with value behind the products is one of the most important things, it would help people connect to your products and reduce most of their blocks for actually purchasing. The problem is that most people who will enter your website won't scroll down until they will see it. So I think you need to make it viisible to people as soon as they enter your website. Maybe include it in the slogan, or put the stripe right after the main homepage image.

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes