I can't change the location of my shop

DjFalco2000
Tourist
4 0 0

i want to verify my id with shopify so i can recieve my pay outs, i recently moved across the border and have a new id (with my german adres) my old adres was in the netherlands, i would like to change my shops location but when i click on change location it sends me to the payment option, how can i fix this?

cheers,

Falk

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 93 139

Hey, @DjFalco2000. Great question!

When using Shopify Payments, your store address determines the regionality of your Shopify Payments account, and vice vera. If you were previously located in the Netherlands, you would have set up a Shopify Payments account that was specifically for merchants based in the Netherlands, so changing countries now, means you also need to change Shopify Payments accounts.

Therefore, if you want to change your store location to Germany, you will need to deactivate Shopify Payments first, then set up and use a German Shopify Payments account instead. Here’s how you do it:

• Go to ‘Settings > Payments > Manage’ and scroll to the bottom of the page
  • Click on the red ‘Deactivate Shopify Payments’ button 
  • Go to ‘Settings > General’ and update your store address
  • Return to ‘Settings > Payments’
  • Click ‘Activate Shopify Payments’ to set up your German Shopify Payments account

Keep in mind changing your country will also require that the bank account you use for your payouts follows the requirements for Germany, as found in the Help Doc for Setting up Shopify Payments.

Let me know if you run into any difficulties with this, or if you have more questions. I'm happy to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog