I could use some help please

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I didn't think my site looked too bad until I looked at some others in this forum, now I see I am nowhere near close to taking advantage of what is possible. I could really use some feedback and or ideas. 

The site is www.tailgunneroffroad.com. I deal mainly with the automotive offroad market (Jeep, SXS, UTV, ATV). These products are all things that I think have been missing or ideas I had for the offroad market. It is a pretty limited product lineup right now.

A few things I do see that  I would like to get taken care of are that all the images are of a different size.  Is there an app for that?

I don't think my theme is the greatest and I am open to any suggestion for change.

I do like my logo but I would really like to make it a brand.

This is the first store for me and I will take any and all help you care to dish out.

Thank you,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jason,

It seems like you've just started your business and you do care about building a real brand. Let's me show you something that might help along the way:

1. image.png
    You've already had a logo, why not add a favicon for your page?
  2. image.png
    Consider using a slider for this part because it's more attractive to see your product in large size.
  3. Group related products into a collection so you can save some space on your homepage for an introduction about your brand.
  4. It seems like we're missing the "About Us" page where you convince people to buy your products & also enhance your brand message.
  5. Policies pages are a must. Please build them first since visitors might question your brand trust & decide not to buy anything.
  6. If you've already had some sales, please ask customers for their feedback so you can put it under your product details section. That's one of evidences which increases your brand trust.
  7. Guarantee badges on homepage is not a bad idea. It will give visitors more reasons to buy your products.
  8. I've found a great reference for you here: https://www.4wheelparts.com/ . You can check it out & see if your pages are missing anything as a brand in the automotive offroad market.

I think that's enough for a big improvement now. Please feel free to ask anything if you have questions ;)

Victor | CRO addict @ PageFly
- If you think my reply is helpful, click 'Like' to let me know!
- Are you building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder trusted by non-techies and pro web designers.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1248 73 270

Hey Tail Gunner Off-Road,

Product catalog, Contact us and About us needs to be added to the main menu. Header template should be added to highlight discounts or shipping offers if any. Some other improvements to be done are as follows:

1. Favicon is missing, which is quite crucial for site identification.
  2. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram for better connectivity.
  3. Reviews should be added below each product for better customer choice.
  4. You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  5. Testimonials and Instagram images are a must for better brand promotion.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store optimization helps you achieve the heights of success.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
116 5 32

Hello Jason !

Cool Website you did a good try ..I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Now your header is too wide  and it does not have proper navigation. Favicon must be there for identity of the store. Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header 

header.png

1. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

Footer.png

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.  Example of Nice Home page 

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  1. Trust badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer Example of Good Collection Page 

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.                                                                                                    

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly. Example of Ideal Product Page 

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. 

INTEGRATIONS :

1. App -- Sale Pop Up and live chat option missing need to be there for the ease of the customer service.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store

3.Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.

1. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

Hope these suggestions are useful for you.  If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck:)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here

Shopify Help on Demand from 19$ -  https://www.task4store.com/
150 + Shopify Small Tasks for Shopify & Shopify Plus Store

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey Jason,

there are already a lot of good points here, so I'll just add a few:

• I would recommend to standardize the dimensions of your product pictures, as well as retouching them to look more professional. (Your Haversack pictures, for example, all have different dimensions). I also recommend making the pictures bigger and showing less products horizontally to increase the attention per product.
  • Your niche also seems like it has a closely knitted community. If you think word-of-mouth marketing is applicable to your niche, I highly recommend incentivising customers to go out and refer people. You can use tools like ReferralCandy for that. They also have a 30 day free-trial for you to check out if it works for you.

Best of luck with your store!

Forgot to cancel your trials? Wish you would have more time? Trial Ninja helps!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Victor,

Thank you for the feedback. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking into the changes that you recommended. Your right, it's a bit of a handful for now. Funny you picked 4wheelparts.com for a comparison.......I used to work for them.

Thank you again,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Neha,

Thank you for the feedback. That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I am looking at the changes that you recommended. I will also look at the apps you recommended.

Thank you again,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Sudipta,

Thank you. That is more thorough than I could have ever hoped for.  I will go down thru my entire site and look at the changes you have recomended. 

I can't thank you enough. If you care to check back you will see that changes coming shortly.

Thank you again,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Trial-Ninja,

Thank you for your feedback. You are 100% correct my images absolutely need some help. I have been taking them with my phone........but I am going to go invest in a camera so I can get that straightened out. I completely agree we "eat with our eyes first". Not to mention I would like to be able to add some videos to these products.

You are correct we are a tight-knit community and I will look at referral candy.

Thank you for your feedback,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1248 73 270

My Pleasure! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes