I'd like some feedback on my store. Anything would be helpful! As I'm looking to scale and grow.

I moved my store from the Go Daddy Site as it was lacking the tools I needed to grow. I've had several sales and we've only been open on this platform for about 3 weeks. My first sale was Nov 13th. I've ran around $70 in ads on Facebook, I've done a few retargeting email campaigns with much success. I work a full time job. I'm a full time student so my time is limited as to how much effort I'm able to put in my store. I have dedicated my nights to analyzing the data and updating as much as I'm able to on my own. I built the store myself and have done everything on my own. 

I've attached a link to my store. As well as pics of Shopify analytics. I did not move any of my previous orders from the previous store as there is no integration between GODADDY and Shopify. I started from scratch! Also... I try to interact as much as possible with my audience and reply as often as I can.

Any feedback or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!! Jeneen 

https://www.boujeeinspired.com

https://www.facebook.com/BoujeeInspiredCollection/?view_public_for=327316307904408

dashoverview.PNGdash 2.PNGdash 3.PNG

Jeneen Morris
Boujee Collection by Jeneen
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
234 18 86

Hello @Boujee352, congratulations on starting your business on Shopify. I've reviewed your store and here are my observations

CutOutWiz_0-1607407684747.png

The red background of the cover is not very pleasant to the eyes. You can use a softer color. 

Also, the images don't look professional. Your product images are important. To know more importance of product images, have a look at this- WHY YOUR BRAND DESERVES THE PERFECT SHOTS? . You can also take help from professional image processing services like ours to boost up your sales.

You have posted the same reviews on every page. This might confuse a lot of your customers. If you don't have enough reviews for every product then make a separate review section under a different heading and post all the reviews there. 

Good luck with your shop. 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

This is a drop shipped product right, not a personally hand made item?

Firstly, congrats on the transition and the early success! 

A few things from my OCD point of view - 

- Change your favicon to be an icon, not your entire logo. Possibly just a bedazzled crown?

- You have blatant seo paragraphs on all your product descriptions which just seems odd to me. Normally string like this are hidden in the seo sections on shopify's back end.

- Product images, having different dimensions for images/videos on products just looks unprofessional. if you can, resize to one global dimension.

- Your shipping banner states 'free domestic shipping' but domestic is undefined on your home page. 

Hope this helps some.

Kind Regards,

Reece

Thank you for your review...I will take everything into consideration and work on possibly making some changes. 

Thanks Again, Jeneen!

Jeneen Morris
0 Likes

Ahhh the OCD assessment is sometimes the best! 

In reference to your remark on: blatant seo paragraphs on all your product descriptions which just seems odd to me. Normally string like this are hidden in the seo sections on shopify's back end. What exactly are you referring to? Could you point out so I know what to change as I'm still in the learning phase on Shopify. 

Again I will make sure to make the necessary changes. Thanks again, Jeneen!

Jeneen Morris
0 Likes

I added overlay to the red so it doesn't pop as much. Thanks for the tip!!!

Jeneen Morris
0 Likes

Paragraphs like this on all your products:

"Ships  3-10 days  xoxo necklace set gold silver xoxo necklace rings necklace jewelry stores near me jewelry jewelers gold chain gold  xoxo necklace earrings diamond necklace diamond earrings charm bracelet bracelet 7 inch bracelet"

The favicon looks much nicer as the crown

Consider moving the about us and policy menus into your footer. this information doesn’t need to be on your nav bar. 

0 Likes

Thanks! In the U.S. it's Jewelry. In the UK, Australia and New Zealand the spelling is jewellery.

I'm working on moving the Policy and About Us to the Footer. And I agree the Favicon is nicer as the Crown...Thanks so much!

Jeneen Morris
0 Likes

Not personally hand made. I purchase bulk wholesale from my overseas supplier. I store in our warehouse and ship. 

Jeneen Morris
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
934 25 336

Hi @Boujee352 !

I highly recommend changing the theme of the store. 

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes