Hey there! Let’s just dive right in.
1. Optimize your site for mobile. Right now, your mobile experience isn’t what you want people to have. As you can see in the screenshot, the mobile version cuts your slider images considerably.
Session recordings would help you see this and other issues. Session recordings act like a DVR for your website, and you can watch exactly what people experienced, where they clicked, how they scrolled, etc. It’s good to keep an eye on what people are experiencing, especially when it comes to mobile.
2. Think (and see) like customers. The black, small font on the dark red background is hard to read. Your “About” page text in the fancier font is absolutely impossible to read. The font color and size combinations also make it hard to select the finish on your products.
When I clicked on the finish, it initially looked like there were no other options:
Recordings would help here, as would heatmaps (to see where people are clicking). You want to look for what your visitors are clicking on to find areas that may be a pain point in their navigation.
Other things to consider:
3. Optimize ways to be contacted. This is where you need to make some updates ASAP. Your contact page is only in the footer, which forces customers to hunt for it. Your contact email address isn’t linked. Next, reevaluate how you’re using this contact method. Your only prompts are for a collaboration or a custom piece, which would confuse a customer who needs an order question answered. Consider a separate email address for business collaboration.
I would highly suggest using a live chat. Even if you aren’t available to chat, it would give you an away message that would act as a contact form. Your customers will have a chance to connect with you directly and get their questions answered, which is what both you and the customer want.
I know that I’ve mentioned session recordings, heatmaps and chat - it can sound expensive and hard to use. Lucky Orange has all of these features and more with a free trial (no credit card needed), and plans start at $10. There are 400 Shopify reviews to show that Lucky Orange can be used by anyone, even if you’re new to Shopify/websites.
I can’t wait to see how you use customer behavior to make changes that result in more sales. Good luck!
I would love to provide some feedback for your store and some recommendations for your store's page speed. By the way, I love your products and your store is so professional.
1, The menu header
- I recommend you should add more pages such as product/ collection pages or blog post page.
It is highly recommended for the blog post pages because you can show your content/ stories here with the call to action button. It will help you increase traffic to your store.
2, The Slideshow
- Currently, your store's background colour is red so you should change the colour of the banner when hovering mouse into. It should not be red anymore.
- The space between the Lust Best Sellers section and View all button should be smaller than the View all button and the video below.
I recommend the first space is 10px, and the second space is 30px.
- You can add more customer's reviews here to increase the trustworthy for your store.
4, The footer
- You should make a line to separate the footer and the body of the store.
- Your store's page speed is pretty good on desktop but on the mobile device, it should be improved.
And here's the article which explains all about page speed of the Shopify store that I want to share you and hope it can help you in some ways.
I hope my recommendations can help you! If you have any other questions, please let me know.
It is great that you chose one color and stayed true to it, however in your case I recommend combining red with something more neutral and calming. It is a common practice to use two colors and it still looks great. Since the background of the images is already red, the background of the site can be simply white. I also love the fact that you have added a nice video which adds trustworthiness. The quality of the images is also great, they are kept in one holistic concept. Let's get through things that you could improve.
1) Add a Shop All button on the hero banner
2) Add an Instagram gallery on your homepage to exchange traffic from there. Do not use the basic one that throws a potential customer on the Instagram page, we do not need people leaving the site:)
3)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
4) Add a favicon
5) Offer some type of discount for subscribing to a newsletter, leaving a review, spending a certain amount of money.
6) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
For Reviews, Discounts, Social Login, Instagram and some other great tools you can use Growave. It is an all-in-one marketing platform that helps reach customers and start converting:)
Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post or reach out to me for more help.
Best of luck!
This is an accepted solution.
Hi Barba! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
Congratulations on a really fantastic looking store! You already have defined branding and very unique products.
Sliding banners on the homepage - the images are high quality and you link to relevant collections and products, perfect. Your first image shows your latest necklace, which is excellent. However, with a brand new store, the majority of your visitors are new to your products, so a much better approach would be to show a first promo image that would introduce them to your store and explain what you are offering.
You could use the same image, but with a tagline “Shop hand-carved jewelry for sinners and for saints” with a CTA “Shop Now”. That would work much better for your conversion rate.
You can show the promo with the latest product to buy as a second image, or once you’re established, and people are already familiar with your products, and return to buy a specific item.
The video showing how your products are made builds your trust and credibility, perfect.
Red background - can be quite difficult on the eyes, especially with a small black text:
It might actually affect your SEO, as user experience and accessibility play a big part in how Google ranks websites. Black text on red can be difficult to read for some visitors, especially visually impaired, which means your website is not accessible for all, which might be considered as discrimination by the search engines.
Consider switching to white/light-colored background, with only certain elements being red, as they are part of your branding.
Jewelry - you use a US English term, though your website is based in the UK? Can be confusing for your UK-based customers.
Contact us page looks excellent. Consider hyperlinking your email address for a one-click contact - see the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.
Also use page.contact template for this page in your Shopify admin, so the contact form is displayed automatically. It will be much more convenient for your customers to get in touch with you, then to copy the email address from the footer, go to their mailbox, paste it and then email you - it’s quite a drag to do it for online users - which might affect your conversion rate. Make sure it’s easy to contact you and people will be happy to get in touch to discuss their custom orders.
About us page looks great - consider also adding your photo here to build your credibility as a designer and engage with your visitors. The link under the name links to the homepage, so please check it.
Product images are really original, I love the ones on the pomegranate seeds. The gift box looks very appealing as well. Your descriptions are unique and your Add to Cart is above the fold, perfect.
Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics.
Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!
Instagram icon in the footer - make sure to open the icon on your website in new tab, so you don’t lose valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser
Your Instagram page looks absolutely amazing - you put a lot of effort into it and your followers engage with your posts, perfect.
Your SEO score is 55/100
Your Google snippet [meta title and meta description] is not defined yet:
Consider optimizing it further. Make sure to make the full use of the character allowance in your meta description [160 characters] to make your listings stand out with an offer and call to action. This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....
Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:
Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO.
Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.
Your Google Analytics is not integrated yet. Consider adding GA to measure where your traffic is coming from, which are the best converting sources, and where you should focus more with your marketing:
Your website loads in under 2 seconds, which is excellent, but there’s also a room for improvement:
Here are a few guides that might help:
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
Hi @BarbsNwires ,
I've taken a look at your store. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. It will be nice if you change your website's color. Red color with black text is not looking good.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. A favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add Home button at the starting of the main menu.
6. Add subcategories in the main menu so that its easy to go to any section easily from a page.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 15 results indexed by Google. But your website has 30+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!