I'd love some feedback www.rhinwedd.cymru

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey!

I'd love to get some feedback on my site http://rhinwedd.cymru/

We're creating ethical organic clothing based around Welsh language and Welsh culture.

I'm a web developer by day normally working on Magento stores however this is my personal project and the biggest thing I struggle with is design.

There are a lot of areas I want to improve on to mainly the add to cart experience to aid customer journeys.

Thank you! (Diolch)

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Rhinwedd,

I'm just dropping by and have some comments on your homepage.

I like the hero area with a high-quality image and and concise description of the products available in your store. That would quickly inform visitors about what they can find in this store, which is nice. 

There are some things I would improve if I were you:

1. Leverage the above-the-fold area to feature a broad range of product.

Above the fold area is the area where people get to know about your product at a glance and without scrolling. Featuring a wide range of products in this area is important, as it will give your visitors an overview of the product available immediately. 

Many visitors won't spend much time exploring your homepage, so make sure they have a hint about the product they're looking for as soon as possible.

Unique selling points are important, but you have many area below to present and illustrate themUnique selling points are important, but you have many area below to present and illustrate them2. Make the search field and navigation bar sticky.

People start their journey throughout your site from homepage, and by using search and navigation bar is how they find the products. When your homepage content is getting long, making these elements sticky will save visitors a considerable amount of time scrolling up, and will definitely improve UX. 

3. Recommend thematic or guided products.

"Featured collection" is to general and does not provide much information about why this collection is being featured. I suggest you select the collection to be featured carefully and word the title carefully. You can feature the best seller collection, or collection with specific topics and name the section with more specific title, such as: "Best for football matches" or "Summer picks"

06:04-02.png

These are some of viewpoints. I also hosted a topics to people to ask and answer questions related to store design, you can save it and feel free to ask whenever you need help :)

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Shopify-Store-Design-Q-amp-A-Feedback-To-Your-S...

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it, above the fold is something I've been playing with on the other pages like collection where the header image was the same size as the homepage so it's definitely something I need to explore more. Really good point on featured collection I could do much more with that!

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 5

I think your shop is beautiful.
I really like the animations, especially on the product collection.

The only thing I dont like are the colors in the footer menu.
The heavy blue and green don´t really catch the vibe of the entire homepage in my eyes.
Also the background color of the "About Us" is a bit too aggressive for me.

Besides that, great store!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate the feedback!

The footer has always been a bad point for me, I don't think it looks as good as it could at all

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 52 157

Hey @Rhinwedd, here are some suggestions:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image (with a call to action button on it)

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

-New arrivals, Best sellers

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

-Instagram Feed

2. You need to work on the header menu and spacing in the footer menu. 

3. You can add this all in one app AiTrillion.com. It will make the store more interactive and engaging. It has features like email marketing automation, reviews, web push notification, Loyalty reward program, livechat or chatbot, Reports and analytics, Ai Predictions, announcement bar, product recommendation, smart pop-up and many more. It has a customer timeline feature that shows the real-time activity of your customers like when did they sign up, when did they redeem the loyalty points, when did they sign up, when the customer was last active. And, this app is fully integrated. Every functionality is integrated with each other. Plus, you don't need to install multiple apps. Installing multiple apps slows down the speed of the store.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1299 76 158

Dear Rhinwedd,

Congratulation for your store.

We’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

1. Have a sticky header and a toggle smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header

Currently your store search option taking me to new page which is not good for UX point of view.

newsearchpage.png

2. Improve Store loading speed for mobile,now it is 36/100 which is not good

rhinweddpagespeed.png

3. Optimize your store as per SEO

4. Collection page should have a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

5. Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button etc, at product page. Example of Ideal Product Page

6. Open your social media profile in new tab for better UX.

7. All Banner design need to Improve

8. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

9. Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo as well as in traffic

10. Add Faqs Page

11. Header and Footer Area need to Improve

12. You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )

13. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

14. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

15. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

16. Index your all products in Google

17. Use Google Shopping and Facebook Shop to increase sales

18. Payment icon like - PayPal, the credit card should be there

19. Use Silo structure in menu

20. Optimize your product page as per SEO

If you need any help please contact here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us 

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Browse Shopify Small Tasks Catalog
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey,

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate the time and effort you've taken to reply to me.

There's a lot more I need to do to improve the website most of the points you've laid out there.

The speed of the site right now isn't great at all and I know there is a lot I can do to sort that out.

The footer needs a lot of love!

Thank you!

0 Likes