I’d love your feedback on my store!

Highlighted
2 0 1
Hello, I recently launched my website a couple of days ago, and I would really appreciate some feedback on my website appearance and content/organization. If you think I should move or change or add anything please let me know! I’m working on better product images that aren’t fabric swatches. Please be honest! Thank You! Kait

synergyequineproducts.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello!

I've just done a quick walkthrough as if I were a customer buying a product, and everything I could possibly want.

What isn't clear is your delivery and returns policies - I can't find that information.

I hope that helps a little! Good luck :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thank you! I’ll look into adding those so they are clear to customers!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Kait! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have a very specific niche, which is perfect not only for your customers but also for your budget and for Google/SEO - excellent.

Your logo is very original, and it shows what your niche is right away, perfect.

The featured image on the homepage looks great - consider optimizing it further by adding three buttons with CTAs instead of text links as you have right now:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 17.40.08.png

Buttons will stand out more and prompt people to click and browse your products, which will help you improve your conversion rate and SEO.

Right below the image you immediately display the About us section:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 17.46.39.png

While this content is essential, I’d recommend displaying your products here instead. It’s much better for conversion - when people land on your homepage, they can see the product they like in the featured image, but then they have to scroll down and down the page to buy it. Make it easy for them to buy it quickly, by displaying the products right below the featured image.

They can then decide to browse your website further and read info about your company or check your policies, however, some visitors might be coming back just to complete the purchase. Making it easy for them to do so can significantly boost your sales.

The duo of images can also be optimized further:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 17.50.13.png

By adding a title, tagline, and buttons prompting people to shop you make sure that this element is also helping you boost sales:

Shop Synergy Tail Bags.png

The styling of the elements and font can be different to suit your branding, but adding them creates a different dynamic and adds urgency for people to take action: click and shop.

My Tail Bags element below looks great:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 17.59.57.png

Consider also optimizing further by adding a button with a CTA [as mentioned earlier] linking to the relevant product.

Custom Colors element is not optimized to your benefit. The font is very small and difficult to read, and some users might find it challenging, which can affect your user experience and sales. There also seem to be traces of a line of text at the top that haven’t been cropped out:Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.02.15.png

Consider changing the format of this element. A gallery can work better for you - perhaps you can use an online tool to generate an image of your bag in each color? That can definitely be a better solution. You can then assign each image to a corresponding variant in the drop-down menu:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.06.06.png

Which will display the image for each color selected. This will significantly improve user experience, as people will be able to see clearly how each bag looks like. Currently, they haven’t got this ability, which can definitely affect sales.

Menu - consider renaming ‘Catalog’ in the top menu to “Shop”:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.08.03.png

It creates urgency and gives an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

Consider also adding more trust signals, such as: About us page, Contact us page and Shipping/Returns policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

This blog post: https://synergyequineproducts.com/blogs/news/about-me is an excellent About page - consider uploading t as About page to your menu [hide the blog post from the search engines then, to avoid duplicate content issues - don’t delete it though, as it will cause an error page].

Also, make sure to SEO optimize each page [and blog post] on your website with SEO friendly H tags, internal and external links, compress the images, add alt tags and link tags, add Geotags, optimize Google snippets, make your URLs SEO friendly and more. It’s essential to optimize your website from the very start [or as early as possible] to help you rank quicker for your target keywords. If you’re not sure how to do it, please check this FREE video course: How to SEO your website and get to Google #1 in 3 Months.

Your SEO score is 58/100

The H1 tag on the homepage [assigned by default to a page title] is showing a string of text:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.13.44.png

It feels like the logo code is being inserted into an H1 tag, so make sure to check the page source to edit it. H tags - especially H1 tag - are important for Google, as they let Google know what each page is about. So use them on each page to describe the content and also insert your target keywords.

You have no backlinks yet:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.16.39.png

Backlinks are important when marketing your website, although they are often overlooked. Backlinks are powerful, as they are permanent - they won’t disappear from view, like a social media post, after a few days or weeks. Once created, a backlink works in the background on your website rank. While you won’t see the results right away, with the right backlink strategy, your website can climb the Google search results. The higher it gets in the results, the more people click on it and visit your store. Therefore backlinks are also a great source of relevant, organic and permanent traffic.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 18.17.15.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will result with a ton of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

I hope you found these tips helpful. If you’d need help in implementing the changes, make sure to invest in the complete website redesign & SEO package now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/ecommerce/- it’s built specifically for Shopify stores, completed by SEO expert and Shopify Partner, designed to boost your conversion rate, find best performing keywords, and turn more visitors into paying customers. Order it now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/ecommerce/

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes