I'd really appreciate some feedback on my store!

10 0 0

Hi everyone,

If anyone could take the time to have a look at my store, www.CheekyTrendy.com and give me some feedback, either positive or negative, I'd really appreciate it! I've tried to keep it looking fresh, clean and minimal and avoided too many distracting apps. I've set up my facebook & Instagram business pages (found at the footer) but Pinterest is still WIP.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me improve my site.

Kind Regards,

- Luc

0 Likes
Excursionist
69 0 6

Hello,
I checked your website and overall it looks really nice, I have just some small points you can take a look at.

First of all, I  think at your homepage, there is too much scrolling down to get to the end. I would leave there just two or three product to show the people what you sell and the rest I would just leave it in the catalog. 

Then once you get to the end, it is really good to have the social media set - it will help your business, but just make the links open in a new tab, it is better for you because you want the customer to stay on your website as long as possible. How to do it you can find here.

In general, when I open the category, I think some product pictures are just too big and it is not necessary to have them in this size, if all of the pictures would be the same size, it would be easier for the customer to use the site and look for products.

When it comes to customer service, I think you should also add some contact info about you - the physical address, phone number, email address or contact form - so that the customers could reach you and ask questions easily.

If you want also professionals to take a look at your shop and give you some feedback, you can join this Facebook group and leave a comment there - they´ll help you.

One last thing, once you get some traffic, you can try to use our retargeting ROI Hunter Easy app, which brings previous customers, who left without finishing the purchase, back to your website with customized ads of product they were looking at in your shop.

I wish you good luck!

Barča

1 Like
10 0 0

Hi Barca,

Thanks so much for your critique. I will certainly look at condensing my homepage! Great idea to have the social media sites opening in a new tab, I'm not sure why I didn't do that before! 

As for product picture sizes, I was certainly conflicted on having the same size or using the collage style. I'll certainly take that onboard and consider making them the same size.

I'll take a look at that facebook group once I've made the changes you've suggested! Your retargeting app sounds great too so I'll most definitely be considering that as an addition.

Thanks for your suggestions and assistance Barca! 

Kind Regards,

- Luc

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Luc,

The store looks neat and impressive.  

Here are a few things you might want to work on-

1. In the second fold, you have categories like jewelry, bags and so on. The images look great, but not relevant. You might actually want to add jewelry when the category is jewelry. 

2. You could think of placing the categories in the header so that the users can see it at first glance. 

3. Your about us page looks incomplete. There is nothing against what Amie says. 

Quick question, how are you building your marketing list as of now? Have you given Web Push Notifications or Exit Intent pop-up a shot?

pravya@datability.co
1 Like
Shopify Partner
318 1 21

Hi There,

I have checked your store and it looks great. Below are my findings.

-Add trust badges like Secured seal, money back guarantee. You can check the below link for related apps https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=?&q=trust 

- Product reviews are very important to boost your sales, so use Product reviews app. You can check our photo review app https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy to get reviews in attarctive layouts with images.

Thanks,
MyReviewfy.

https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy
1 Like
Shopify Partner
129 0 12

Hi Luc,

Here are a few things you might want to take a look at:

- The quality of your photos are great but they lack consistency (some are on a white background, others are not). A website with consistent pictures always looks more professional.

- The design of your website is cool but I didn't immediately notice the navigation so you might want to make the different menus always visible (at least the most important ones). And the fact that you have to click several times to choose another category might be a little bit annoying if you navigate a lot.

- Submenus (Log In, Create an account, ...) have a color that doesn't have enough contrast with the background which make them difficult to read.

- People usually decide if they are going to stay on a website in a short amount of time that's why it's essential that when someone arrives on your website, he immediately sees what your website is about. Right now, only your logo is visible. I would replace it with a banner showing people with your products or just some of your best products. The first impression is essential.

That's all I have for now but don't hesitate if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Kwaku 

I am the co-founder of Now In Store. Create a beautiful product catalog in 30 seconds with us. www.nowinstore.com
1 Like
10 0 0

Thanks to everyone who has given suggestions so far! They've been so helpful.

Hi Luc,

The store looks neat and impressive.  

Here are a few things you might want to work on-

1. In the second fold, you have categories like jewelry, bags and so on. The images look great, but not relevant. You might actually want to add jewelry when the category is jewelry. 

2. You could think of placing the categories in the header so that the users can see it at first glance. 

3. Your about us page looks incomplete. There is nothing against what Amie says. 

Quick question, how are you building your marketing list as of now? Have you given Web Push Notifications or Exit Intent pop-up a shot?

Thanks for your suggestions Pravya!

1) I have now added more fitting photographs to the jewellery & Bags Section. I see I might have to do the same with the "Beauty & Healthcare" section too.

2) I've changed the header around to make the product collections more noticeable. I hated the burger menu so I'm glad that's gone. Sadly the Brooklyn theme doesn't make it easy to put more than three categories before it condenses into the burger menu.

3) Amie has now done her entry in the about me page!

Hi There,

I have checked your store and it looks great. Below are my findings.

-Add trust badges like Secured seal, money back guarantee. You can check the below link for related apps https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=?&q=trust 

- Product reviews are very important to boost your sales, so use Product reviews app. You can check our photo review app https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy to get reviews in attarctive layouts with images.

Thanks,
MyReviewfy.

Many thanks for the app suggestions. I have added trust badges and your review app to my site. They look great!

Hi Luc,

Here are a few things you might want to take a look at:

- The quality of your photos are great but they lack consistency (some are on a white background, others are not). A website with consistent pictures always looks more professional.

- The design of your website is cool but I didn't immediately notice the navigation so you might want to make the different menus always visible (at least the most important ones). And the fact that you have to click several times to choose another category might be a little bit annoying if you navigate a lot.

- Submenus (Log In, Create an account, ...) have a color that doesn't have enough contrast with the background which make them difficult to read.

- People usually decide if they are going to stay on a website in a short amount of time that's why it's essential that when someone arrives on your website, he immediately sees what your website is about. Right now, only your logo is visible. I would replace it with a banner showing people with your products or just some of your best products. The first impression is essential.

That's all I have for now but don't hesitate if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Kwaku 

Hi Kwaku!

Thanks for the suggestions. 

1)  I'm going to start getting rid of product photo's with no white background. This was really bugging me too.

2 & 3) I've now changed the menu from the burger menu to the dropdown navigation bar. Due to the constraints with Brooklyn, I've pulled the categories down to 3. Hopefully, this looks better and easier to navigate than the burger menu did. The login button is now the "person" symbol next to the categories which I think is obvious enough to the customer?

3) I am going to start working on a new banner today. I really liked the "clean" look of the banner I have but I agree that it doesn't show what the site offers. Hopefully, I can come up with a decent middle ground. :)

Many thanks!

- Luc

0 Likes