I desperately need feedback for my online store

Highlighted
4 0 0

hi please help me figure out  what’s wrong with my online store it’s been up for  while and I had almost 500 visitors but no sales. I did it by myself and I’m not good at it. I just learned while I was building it.

thank you very much 

www.jkboutik.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have stunning products - and that’s a great start.

One of the first things I noticed is that you still mention Cyber Monday offer in your header area:

As the Cyber Monday is now gone, consider updating it, or removing this section for now.

Top menu - consider reducing the number of links in your top menu, to fit in one row - it will give you more polished look. Also, the collection “Jewelry, Accessories and More” due to being long in terms of number of characters, it affects the drop-down function - see the screen recording below to see what I mean: https://youtu.be/RlnkG-sslJU

Consider changing the name of this collection to “Accessories” or a similar shorter word. It will allow for the drop down elements to be active when someone scrolls down and they won’t keep disappearing as they do now. It will improve shopping experience for your visitors, and overall, your conversion rate.

Consider also adding more content to your homepage - it looks a little bare at the moment. See how other clothing retailers organize their homepage layout and copy their technique: https://www.ae.com

Make sure to have more images, such as promo banners, more featured collections and more products. The more engaging your homepage is, with more content, the longer people stay and browse, which improves your conversion rate and SEO.

Consider adding featured image on the top of the homepage [between the top menu and the products] at full width. It will help you engage with your visitors, and prompt them to shop. See an example of a great promo banner below:

It’s eye-catching, engaging and inviting people to click and browse. That’s a great way to make people click through to your products and shop.

It’s great that you are displaying a physical address - it’s a strong trust signal, which is important for the conversion. Consider also improving the layout of this element - it looks a little bare at the moment:

Consider changing the background to a different color to make this element stand out, or add an embedded Google maps element here so people can see where you are located within the map. It will be fun and interactive feature. Some Shopify templates have this element as standard, or you can add it by customizing your current template.

Also, when I click on the ‘Directions’ button, it takes me to the Google Maps page of my current location, but cannot activate the direction element to see how to find you - make sure to optimize this element.

Footer - consider changing the background color here too to make it stand out from the rest of the homepage. You feature quite long Returns policy here:

It’s best to feature the content on a separate Refund policy page, and simply link to it from the footer, otherwise it messes up the layout.

Latest news - you don’t have any blog posts displayed here, so consider removing this section.

Links - consider adding here pages such as: About us, Contact us, Shipping and Return info. These are important trust signals and many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, so having this page easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Subscribe button - consider changing the button color to yellow, orange or red, as it’s more action-prompting visual CTA [call to action] that can help you boost your sign up rate.

Social media icons - consider opening them in new tabs, so you don’t lose traffic from your own website.

Make sure to check the links - each one opens on an error page.

Product strategy - when I click on the homepage, Holiday Trends or New Arrivals collection, I can see almost identical products: https://youtu.be/EHVj5LkC9kI

It’s great that you have seasonal collections, and consider dividing the products into each collection, yet avoid featuring the same product in almost all of them. That can affect your trust and credibility.

Consider also working on the Google snippets for each page and collection. Holiday Trends collection has got few keywords listed in your meta title and meta description:

Consider writing inviting and defined values here, as these are displayed in the search results and are often the first things people see when they come across your website. Learn how to write better meta titles and meta descriptions in this tutorial: How to SEO your Shopify pages.

Consider making all your product images the same dimensions [with unified heights], which will give you more polished, in-line display. As your product images are different heights at the moment, this affects how they are displayed next to each other:

As you can see some are longer, some are shorter, which affects your polished boutique feel. It’s easy to edit the images and give them the same dimensions using free Canva.

You also start some of the product titles with a smaller lower case letter, which can also affect your conversion rate. Retail is detail - make sure to keep an eye on the detail to build your trust and credibility.

Product page - consider working on your product descriptions - use storytelling to convert visitors into buyers. Listing features no longer works as viable selling technique, you have to list the benefits the product will bring into the buyers lives’ in order to sell more than your competitors. This short video explains how storytelling can help you sell more.

Make sure to update the add to cart button color to red or orange [as mentioned earlier]. It will prompt people to take action - click and shop.

Size guide - make sure to add a page with your size guide and chart table to help people chose the right size. Some brands use different guidelines for their sizing, so it will be helpful for your shoppers to have indication of the correct measurements.

Blog - consider blogging regularly - it can help you keep your website fresh with new content [and will make Google bots crawl your website more frequently], which will help you build your Google rank. Blog is also a great way to bring more relevant traffic from the search engines - websites with more written content [articles] tend to outperform websites with no blog in the search results, and therefore get more traffic.

Your SEO score is 60/100

Google snippet [meta title and description] - need more substance. These are the values displayed in the SERPs [search results’ pages], therefore they need to be very enticing to encourage people to click. The higher CTR [click through rate], the more likely Google will be to promote your site in the search results. However, if people won’t click your listing, your website can drop. So, how can you improve your Google snippet?

First, add a value you can bring with your products and define the benefit - something that stands out, makes people intrigued and want them to find more. This is a great way to improve your presence in SERPs and get more clicks [traffic]. Consider also using one of your target keywords in the snippet and add a CTA at the end, such as “Shop now!” - this is a great way to create an urgency and make people want to make a purchase right now.

Consider also working on the text content on the homepage in order to rank for your target keywords. Your most frequently used words are: regular price, jk boutik - make sure to aim to rank for words such as: ladies tuxedo, velvet jumpsuit etc. in order to appear in the most relevant searches.

Consider also adding Google Analytics to measure where your traffic is coming from, which are the best converting sources, and where you should focus more with your marketing:

H1 tags [main heading tags] on your homepage are too long - make sure to use only short key phrases here:

You have no backlinks yet, which is perfectly normal for a brand new store:

Backlinks are important when marketing your website, although they are often overlooked. Backlinks are powerful, as they are permanent - they won’t disappear from view, like a social media post, after few days or weeks. Once created, a backlink works in the background on your website rank. While you won’t see the results right away, with the right backlink strategy, your website can climb the Google search results. The higher it gets in the results, the more people click on it and visit your store. Therefore backlinks are also great source of relevant, organic and permanent traffic.

Remember about working on the backlinks on a regular monthly basis, as it’s the most powerful [and passive] way to increase your Google rank and traffic.

Based on the review, my recommendation would be to optimize your website first, in order to improve the conversion rate [design, CTAs + SEO] and then actively work on getting organic traffic to your website.

Connect with your target audience through sharing your content on social media and by improving your rank with backlinks and regular monthly SEO packages.

If you don’t have enough time, or you’re not sure how to get started, consider investing in the monthly SEO packages. These are designed by Shopify SEO expert specifically to optimize the website content for the most profitable keywords, and actively bring traffic that converts. SEO Monthly packages start from $50 USD per month and you can order your package today here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info  

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
315 1 21

Hii Dear 

The site looks to be good.Great review by Rockpapercopy which is usefull .i just want to dicuss only few things which need to be added/corrected.

Your store title is looking simple. i want to suggest to design a nice fevicon which suits the title. since it looks professional.

There is technical error happening when i supposed to access facebook twitter as well as google account. please once crocesscheck and make sure to open the pages. Online promotions will improve the sales to next level.

Install a good theme in the homepage inorder to differentiate the product images from the background and make sure to have a quality images.

I didnt find any reviews on the products. As you know how reviews play a vital role in improving sales. i suggest to install any Customer Review app to get more sales.

It is a great work on mensioning legal policies such as terms, privacy and refund policies.

And also i didnt find terms and conditions acceptance checkbox at checkout. As it is important to provide for the customers before the payment process since it avoids all the issues related to refund/return and privacy policies etc.i suggest to refer any good Terms and Conditions app to clear this issue.

Overall the site is good

All the Best

Thank you

MyReviewfy.

https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you so much for your input it’s greatly appreciated. I’m embarrassed to say that I don’t know how to fix those issues it took me a month to do just the site. I tried to hire somebody a professional who can do this along with the other suggestions from rockpaper but it’s way expensive but thank you guys very much 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi there,

No problem - glad you found the review useful. Running an online business feels like catch 22 sometimes. If you are on a budget and happy to improve your website gradually, we do offer monthly SEO packages that come with a regular website maintenance and fixing of the little glitches [like updating broken social media links]. The packages start at $50 per month: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/

We also offer Small Tweak gigs - if you needed fixing/tweaking something small: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/asp-products/small-gig-single-tweak/

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Would it fix all the issues you pointed out ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi there,

Yes, these are small issues and I'm happy to fix them during your package subscription [12 months] at $50 per month. Please email me now at magge@rockpapercopy.info to get started.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, there. 

Morgan here from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out over the forums for feedback on your store, I see you have received some great information so far. For your first store and learning on the fly, your site looks really great. There's just a few things I noted to consider, to really build that trust and security with your customers. 

First, you have good product photos which help customers when shopping. However, when it comes to selling online product descriptions are just as important. Without the ability to touch or feel an item we really rely on what you can tell us about the product. Including all details down to fabrics, sizing, and style can help a customer decide whether to buy or not. This area also acts as a place to offer a sales pitch. This is your time to convince your customer! Here's some inspiration of product descriptions if you need a few examples to get you started.

A few other small things I noticed, your supporting pages such as your About us, FAQ and Return Policy are hard to find. I recommend putting your About us page, along with your other information such as FAQ's and Return policy in a dropdown within your main menu. You can add that within your Shopify admin under Online Store> Navigation> Main Menu. Currently, the About us is hiding in the footer, and was hard to find. Also, the entire return policy has been added to the footer which makes it's hard to read, and creates a ton of unnecessary space here as well: 

Now that we have discussed how your site looks, let's talk about the behaviour of your customers! Are you currently advertising online or are these organic views you mentioned? If you are advertising on Facebook, I highly recommend reading this blog post on targeting and retargeting your ads. 

A retargeting campaign is where you reintroduce your business/products multiple times to a customer who has already seen your ad, or visited your site from an advertisement. The type of retargeting I recommend to you is called Sequential retargeting, this is where you follow a customer through the acquisition/sales funnel and introduce retargeting campaigns strategically throughout. Not every visitor will make it all the way through to the end of the sales journey, so this is a great way to catch the low hanging fruit and target accordingly, in an otherwise general marketing campaign that has a ton of hits.

This approach to advertising will allow you to create a broad first ad and later help narrow down who to retarget without having to guess your demographic and create ads for a smaller audience originally. I hope this gets the creative juices flowing in terms of ad strategy! Let me know how the retargeting goes if you end up trying it out. 

I also noticed you sell in person via a brick and mortar store. Have you considered ways to bridge your in person customers to become online shoppers as well? This could be a sales funnel that you can take advantage of that other e-commerce stores don't have!

I'd love to chat more about how that may look. Feel free to reply back if you have any questions or wanted to continue the conversation. 

Cheers,
Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Morgan thank you for your feedback. Can you email me at sales@jkboutik.com 

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hey, again! 

Morgan here from Shopify. 

I just wanted to follow up to let you know i've sent you an email to continue the conversation. Feel free to reply back whenever you have a moment. 

Talk soon, 
Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes