I have 90% abandoned cart rate, what am I doing wrong?

Solved
WeedTailor
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi there nice community :)

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

I have a high rate abandoned carts and I don't know why. I sell weed shirts www.weedtailor.com

Just started this shop and I still need some work to do like design more shirts, and post more on the social platforms, etc.

I am getting some okay traffic right now, but at te last moment (I guess when it comes to make the payment) they decide to leave the website. I try to reach them with a abandoned cart mail, but that also didn't work so far.

Help would be really appreciated 😃

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Marin

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @WeedTailor -

That’s a tough place to be in. You’ve put a lot of hard work into your store, and it shows! Let’s see what we can do to help reduce those abandoned carts.

First, I have to tell you what I enjoy about your page. I really like that you have an interactive element to our designs. If I hover over a product image, I see a closer version of your design. That’s brilliant.

One thing to add to your hero images is a CTA. Right now it’s missing that link (literally) to your products. 

When it comes to your homepage, I would use visitor behavior. It can help you see how people are using it and the homepage. Heatmaps, to see where people click and scroll, shows you where people clicked and how they navigated through your page. 

I do find an issue with your size guide page:

1. The font is so small that I can’t read it.
  2. It’s even smaller when viewed on mobile devices 

I love that you have a size guide, but it needs to be cleaned up (and cleared up) a bit. 

For product pages, there are few things missing:

• The sizing guide is not as hard to read as your size guide page, but it’s not easy to read by any means. Use session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to watch what people are doing on product pages. Are they getting lost in the sizing chart?
  • Reiterate free shipping. It’s an easy thing to miss on your homepage, and it needs to be front and center on these product pages. 
  • Add a review request in your purchase confirmation email and any follow-up emails you have. You have some reviews - which is great - but it’s time to get those requests in place for when the sales pour in.

Session recordings really are going to play a starring role for your store in helping find out what’s happening. You can watch what happens as people use your store and add a product to the cart. Is it something as simple as free shipping that can secure the sale? 

Also, use your chat. Right now, it’s not engaging. It’s just there.There are chat platforms that have auto invites that let you trigger a chat invitation to people who may need it. For example, you could ask someone to chat if they added a product to their cart but didn’t check out within a minute. You can answer those questions while they are on your site, and you can even save the sale.

In the end, visitor behavior is the secret to finding out what customers think. Until you see how they use your site and get that close-up look at their behavior, you really don’t know. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck, Marin!

Cheers - 

Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Weed Tailor,

"Almost two-thirds of shoppers leave items in their cart without making a purchase leading to a huge loss of potential sales". The main reason behind this is uneasy site navigation and wrong-site layout. The ultimate solution is "Site Optimization".Take care of a few points mentioned below for the same:

• Talking about layout, the "logo" should be shifted to the extreme left while, the "header menu" to the center for a symmetric header look.
  • The "home button", if added, to the header menu would surely facilitate easy site navigation.
  • Attach a "contact form" inside the "Contact Us" section to interact more.
  • Adding some "professional T-shirt photographs" to "About Us" will boost expressiveness.
  • Inclusion of "free shipping+ promo offers" using a "bold unique header template" and a catchy tagline like "Hurry! Free shipping on all products+ 10% Off your next order " can compel the customer to buy.
  • Promote your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal and motivate your customers to increase cart values and boost sales using Free Shipping Bar by Hextom.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Good work, Keep it up!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
WeedTailor
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your extensive and personalized reply, I really appreciate that!

You gave me some good tips there, with I definitely will try out and see if things work/get better.

Also a really good tip to add the heat maps/session recordings as well. First I'm going to set up everything you've said in your message and then I'm going to try out Lucky Orange. Sounds like something I could need right now.

One last question; you said "That’s a tough place to be in" What do you mean by that? Is it because there is lot of competition in this market? 

Many thanks again!

Cheers,

Marin

0 Likes
WeedTailor
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Neha,

Thanks for the tips, I will check out what tips I think will apply to my site.

Really appreciate the effort for writing to me. 

have a nice day!

Cheers,

Martin

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

That sounds great, Marin! If you need any help with Lucky Orange, let me know!

It's a tough place to be in because you are getting traffic, and people are adding products into carts. Cart abandonment is a frustrating place to be in. It's tough when you're trying to figure out why. Visitor behavior really helps you see what's happening to end that frustration! That's what I meant. 

Cheers -
Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

The Pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
WeedTailor
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks Danny! 

I will let you know if I need any help.

Cheers,

Martin

0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello @WeedTailor,

Congratulations on your store. Your store is looking awesome! Great effort! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate:

1. The header main menu is not easily catchable. I suggest to move the logo to the left side and place the menu in the center and make the menu items bold.

2. Add Home page link to the start of the main menu.

3. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

7. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

8.  Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

9. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

Hope this helps,

Jeena

https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
WeedTailor
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Jeena,

Thanks for your tips as well! 

I will consider all suggestions everyone gave me and see what really works out for me.

I see the app that you offer does not have to many reviews. Why is that? I do rely a lot on reviews, so it could be helpful to get some good reviews.

Then people can see if it's worth the money. Sorry for the non-asked advice ;-) Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Martin