I have high traffic but no sales

1 0 0
I have been on for a long time now with my store: fix-abike.com and have over 300 people visiting my store but no sales.. what do you guys and girls think I need to change
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @Fix-aBike 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on getting your store up and running, and getting traffic to it. That takes a lot of work and effort so kudos in putting the work in. I did a dive into your store and found some things that we will need to tweak to convince your customers to checkout. 

The first thing that I looked at here was your product title descriptions. A lot of merchants adjust the description slightly from Oberlo and then post it to their page, I can't be certain but it does look like this was the case with your store. The issue with this is that the titles from Oberlo are often very long-winded and actually rather incoherent. The reason for this is that they are trying to cram as many keywords into their titles so their products are easy to find, however, for a customer-facing store this does not look good. It doesn't look very professional and those who are familiar with Oberlo/AliExpress will recognize the format. So while you have done a great job in curating the products, you do need to do some more work to market them better on your site.

With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Your store seems to have a lot of products, these products are all in the one collection. This makes your store somewhat hard to navigate for your customers. Imagine that this was a physical bike store that was not organized into sections. It would have breaks mixed in with saddles mixed in with chains with absolutely no clear system. It would make it very hard for you to find what you are looking for. This is why we encourage our merchants to organize their products into collections. That way, when a customer comes to your store specifically looking for a headlight and find it right away and not get frustrated looking for it. To learn how to sort your products into collections take a look at this guide.

When I was checking out the collection page you do have on your page I had to click onto the next page after every to rows of products. I would recommend changing this in your theme settings so your customers can just scroll at leisure. Go to Online Store > Current Theme > Customize. Open up a collection page in the theme customizer. On the left hand side you will see a tab labeled "Collection pages", click this and you can then increase the amount of rows shown per page. 

You do not have a contact page currently. With products of this nature, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I did notice that you have an About Us section in your footer, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

Logos act as the face of your business. They’re a visual display of what your company stands for, and can be used to promote your brand both online and offline. While Shopify does automatically generate text-based logos for you, it’s still important to have a custom logo to define your brand and make your store stand out from the competition. Read up on creating a logo here. 

Best all of luck with all of this,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Trailblazer
496 30 119

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Logo is not professional enough just simple text.Missing on favicon as well.

2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

4. Add a few more images for your products, as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  5. You should add terms and condition, refund, shipping and privacy policy page, it’s good for SEO purpose in the footer. Add some more social links to the footer for better connectivity.
  6. Also, You have around  140 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://fix-abike.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

7. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes