I like to temporary close for 3 month

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I talked with support agent previously about the closing my website but she recommended me to close temporary and decide what to do in case of changing mind.

You do keep it for 3 month free of charge. If than I like to request close it for now before the billing date comes.  I guess the charge starts on every 15th of each month so please close it right before charging for this month.  Any questions please contact me info.workoutus@gmail.com

Regards,

BILL CHUNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
22 3 5

Hi @workoutus,

Finley from Shopify here, thanks for your post!

Is there any reason in particular that you'd like to close your account, Bill? I'd love to know more about the roadblocks you're running into and see if there is anything we can do to help!

If you would like to move forward with pausing your store, there are two options available:

1) Pause your store completely and step away from it

The option you've discussed with a support advisor is the fully paused plan. This is where you'll be able to completely step away from your Shopify account for three months, free of charge.

This would be useful if you don't plan on working on your store for a few months, as you won't be able to access your Shopify admin. Your information and everything you've worked on so far will remain for when you return.

From a customer's perspective, visitors will see the password page you've set up with any message you have left.

Because you won't be able to edit the password page after you've paused your plan, please add a message and make any edits beforehand.

Pausing your store is something you'll need to do on your end by going to your Shopify admin > Settings > Plan and permissions> Store status > Pause like so:

20-09-bk5db-t2m2n.

If you don't log back in and pick a plan while the store is paused, then once you've reached the end of the three months, your account will automatically be updated to the
 Pause and build plan which you'll be notified of ahead of time via email.

2) Pause your store and continue to work on it

Another option for you, should you like to continue working on your store at a reduced price is to go straight onto the Pause and build plan.

This a great option, as you'll have complete access to your Shopify admin. You can continue working on your store and even keep your website live if you'd like. However, just keep in mind that though your customers will be able to browse your website, you won't be able to make any sales, as your checkout will be disabled. Alternatively, you can choose to keep your password page enabled and solely focus on working on your website in the background.

To downgrade to this plan, you can navigate to your Shopify admin > Settings > Plan and permissions> Store status > Pause and build like so:

20-09-hw2y6-kum3p.

Close your store

Should you decide to close your store completely, you'll need to do this yourself from within the Shopify admin following these steps.

Remember to always backup any information you need such as product information, themes, customers, and finance reports beforehand.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know!

Shopify's resources

We understand that running an online business is a learning curve, so we have a ton of great information to support you in this journey, no matter what your preferred learning style might be.

My favorite resource is our Shopify Compass where you'll find very helpful video courses as well as live and recorded workshops.

Examples of the courses available include expert advice on increasing your traffic with Facebook and Instagram marketing or other subjects you may be interested in such as goal setting or how to take great product photos.

If you like to have written resources to read, our blog and guides are helpful or if you prefer to listen, I always enjoy our podcast where many different successful entrepreneurs are interviewed.

Alongside this, remember that if you need to connect with us, you can reach out at any time via Facebook, Twitter, Live Chat, and Email.

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes