I'm getting traffic to my store but very low sales.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

My store is www.study-comforts.com 

I am getting a decent bit of traffic, but not many sales. Could anyone please suggest edits?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @ChrisStudy ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi, @ChrisStudy,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations, you've done a superb job. The site looks great!

I do have a few suggestions. For example, you've got an excellent "About" section but it's tucked away in the sidebar and is actually obscured by the Accessibility Assistant:

20-07-5v6yp-69mlc

You could obviously quickly fix this by simply re-arranging the order of the menu items, but what about foregrounding the mission behind your store on the homepage at the very start? It could be as subtle as providing a button link in your header:

20-07-xeetb-kry22

...or you could include a whole section on your homepage before introducing your visitors to the actual products. There are a lot of ways you might approach improving your conversions specifically, and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types. We’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate.

There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

A large part of getting sales too is earning the trust of your visitors/customers. They need to feel you're an authority in the area. One great way to do this is to create a blog that engages with other voices in education and charities even.

- Create blogs this is super important and here's why.

- Also, consider adding a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

In facts here are some tips for that:

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- Marketing to millennials 

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 25 98

Hello @ChrisStudy,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. A FAQ would be useful!
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
9. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply @MansionEcom, this really helps a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply @Droppersstop, this really helps!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

This is so amazing, thank you @Hyde! I will get on with making all of these changes. Do you think it would be good to put a video of me talking about the mission of Study Comforts on the home page, to push home the social aspect more?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 25 98

@ChrisStudy

Glad to help you! Wishing you the best with your store

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Absolutely! Without question. Remember too that customers/visitors still like to feel like they're engaging with a person, even if it is online instead of face-to-face. So give them a face to put to the name!

There's also a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it.

In it, he outlines great methods of whittling down your brand's purpose. I'm going to borrow from this book to give you an idea of where you might start:

1. A brand is not your logo, or your website, or your content. It is your reputation with your clients. It is what your customers think of you. It's the passion they associate with you.

Therefore the first idea with a new brand is to reverse engineer this, by trying to determine what it is exactly that you want your customers to think and feel about your brand. The passion for your underlying brand.  So I'd like you to outline a faux "obituary". Marty uses a new wine bar as an example:

20-07-1yq60-i3llw

2. You now need to whittle this down to a core purpose. This is the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money.

Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  The fake wine bar purpose might be: To bring people together through wine education.

That's 7 words. Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

3. What's your vision?

Our example wine bar's vision might be a bar (or bars) that has a hundred wines from around the world, all available by the glass, in a constantly changing menu. They see happy groups of people learning about wine, talking about wine, and swapping stories about food, travel, and cultures they've experienced.

What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world?

4. You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

So please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Here are some examples:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

OUR PRETEND WINE BAR

What: The ONLY chain of wine bars
How: That builds community around education
Who: for men and women of drinking age
Where: in cities and progressive towns
Why: who want to learn more about wine
When: in an era of cultural awakening.

You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

I think this is a great starting point, but there's plenty more that you can then look at to define the branding, the content, the community outreach, and the strategy.

You know your potential customers, the context, and the hook better than anyone else, it's just a question of uncovering it.

I hope this also helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

This is brilliant, thank you @Hyde for going into so much detail. I'm going to be ordering Zag straight away and start working on a short video to introduce myself and my mission to customers. Would you say 3 minutes is a good time for the video or is this too long?

0 Likes