Hi I'm Leonard from lendeoutdoors.com
I launched my store about a month ago Thru tweaks and store redesigns I finally seem to have customers coming to my store, however, they don't seem to be buying anything, though it looks like they are interested in some products. I know about a Q and A page I'm looking to add one soon. Does anyone have some suggestions that might help me get them to buy those and other products?
Thank you, I look forward to your Feedback
Hi @leonardw !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. I just love your logo, color scheme of the store, and layout of the homepage. Great job!
3. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
4. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
5. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
6. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
7. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
8.Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
9.Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
10. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
11. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
12. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.
What kind of targeting are you using on FB? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.
It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since your website is okay overall. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!
I’ve written a blog around reducing bounce rates and increasing conversion (sales). It might be of help to you, linking it here.
Hello @leonardw !
Congrats on your store!
I like how you add a “What's new in the store" page to keep your customers updated with new products. However I think you can categorize the products you selling, for instance: "utensils", "torch light", etc. This would create a better navigation and user experience for your customers if they ever want to search and purchase a specific product.
Furthermore, once you execute you marketing activities such as Facebook ads, blog content that drives the SEO engine, etc and manage to drive great amount of traffic into your website, one of the effective marketing activity that i would suggest is retargeting campaign. Retargeting campaign helps you re-engage with your audience and potential customers who previously interacted or showed interest in your products. By using a variety of creative ads to target these potential audiences and reach to conversion of purchase. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.
All the best!!