I need feedback on my store

Ansen
1 0 1

I have created my store and after spending lots of money on Facebook ads and google ads without any sale I have decided to get a review from experts on my store. I am getting the visitors but I do not know why they are not purchasing anything. It is requested please have a look at my store and provide me your valuable comments.  

Thanks

www.manidel.com

Manidel

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
885 115 293

Hey @Ansen,

Sorry to hear that you've been spending on ads with no return. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

manidel-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner, this area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

PRODUCTS

As you know, belts can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a belt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, I would say that for some it might but long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

Also, at checkout the Apartment/Suite field is currently required. I would remove this, it wont apply to everyone. Phone is also required, I would suggest removing this as required as well unless you need it.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
282 52 171

Hi @Ansen,  

It’s always tough when you’ve invested in ad campaigns to drive traffic to your site but you aren’t seeing any sales. Here are a few suggestions that could help you turn that trend around. 

Showcase your value proposition on your home page

After looking through your site and reading your blog, you’ve got an interesting value proposition for your belts that doesn’t come through on your homepage. As you mention on your blog, you’ve spent six years developing a patent-pending new technology for your belts that make them more durable than a traditional leather belt but that still have the look of leather. That’s very unique, but something most shoppers will miss unless they go to your blog. I’d use some concise messaging to help bring that point across on your  home page. 

Show the product in action

Kudos on having some nice, professional looking product photography. Have you thought varying up the photography on your site to include pictures of models wearing the product? Even though belts are pretty straightforward, your customers might find images of the product paired with an outfit more appealing. 

Focus on details to earn shoppers’ trust

Since shoppers are giving you money before they receive a product, they’re looking for indications on your website they can trust you to deliver the product they purchased. Little details that are missed - like having content on the social media accounts you link to - can throw up red flags for shoppers and leave the impression you aren’t an established business. I’d recommend removing the broken social links and links to accounts without any content from your site. 

Similarly, details that may seem small - like the bullet formatting being off on your About the belts material page - can give buyers pause. It also looks like you’re targeting English-speaking audiences on your website, but the grammar and punctuation is slightly off. I’d recommend working with some of the professionals listed on Shopify’s experts marketplace to get some help with the product descriptions on your site.

Watch a session recording of what shoppers did on your site

A great way to identify other parts of your site that might be stopping a shopper from purchasing is to watch a session recording to see exactly what the visitor did while they were on your site. A tool like Lucky Orange can help you see what visitors clicked on, how far down a page they scrolled and if they ran into other challenges. Here’s a video my team put together on how another Shopify customer of ours could use session recordings to see what people were doing on their website. 

And since you’ve invested heavily in Facebook and Google PPC ads, I’d suggest filtering session recordings down to those traffic sources to see if there are any differences in how visitors from those sites are behaving. If you’re seeing visitors come to your site and immediately leave/bounce, that’s likely an indication that your ads aren’t generating high quality traffic. If this is happening, re-evaluate your ad spending to see if you can refine the audience you’re targeting or use different advertising channels. 

Best of luck with your optimization efforts, Manidel. You’ve got a really unique product that will definitely appeal to the right audience once you get them to your site. 

Cheers, 

Lucky Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes

Hi @Ansen 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

RichardNguyen_0-1620344448042.png

Your header is taking up a big area now. You should make it smaller or be displayed in this place or you can find a way to stick it on the left side. It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1620344448543.gif

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. You should move it up 

2. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).

RichardNguyen_2-1620344448066.png

RichardNguyen_3-1620344448071.png

RichardNguyen_4-1620344448062.png

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.

3. Have Direct Links to “Return Policy” and “Shipping Info” in the Footer

Last but not least, you should display or link to an easy-to-read Return Policy or Delivery Policy information in your footer area. Because customers are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it online is one of the reasons many users sometimes exercise extreme due careful, closely inspecting images and reviews before buying. One of the major factors for decreasing purchasing anxiety and reducing the consequences of purchasing the wrong product is by having liberal return policies.

In the detail of shipping policy, I suggest that you should use ‘Delivery Date’ Instead of ‘Delivery Speed’. The customer won’t be worried about it containing the weekend or buying day. These tips will incentivize customers to make purchasing decisions.

The content “About company” can move to the Footer too.

4. Add more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections. Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage (LINK)

By the way, this May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". In this event these real experts will guide you from A to Z how to build successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce! This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game. Sign up now cause we only take the first 500 registers!

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.