I need feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

hey guys, I just launched a store about a week ago. I've been promoting on pinterest for $5 here and there. I have gotten some traffic, but I still haven't made a single sale. Is there anything that I need to improve on my page? The website is www.stylishgeneva.com

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 190

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Congratulations on launching your Shopify store, that is super exciting! You have a pretty nice collection of products and we can definitely tweak a thing or two to help you make more conversions. 

When importing products from Oberlo it is super important to update the product descriptions. The product description is where you get the chance to sell the product to a potential customer and a list of stats does not sell a product well. Oberlo actually has a great guide on writing epic descriptions that sell right here. Not only does this help convince your customer that they need the product that you are selling, but it also improves your SEO rating bringing more traffic to your site organically. 

Whenever I shop online I go straight to the product reviews for reassurance before committing to purchasing. With online shopping, there is a risk that a store is not genuine and so having reviews on your store can really help you put your customer's minds at ease. As your products seem to be from Oberlo and AliExpress I would recommend the AliReviews app. This app imports genuine reviews of the product from AliExpress so your customers can have some peace of mind when purchasing. 

Another thing that brings peace of mind to the customer is knowing that they can easily contact the store they are ordering from. When a store does not have any contact information it does not seem approachable, it shows that the store owner does not want to hear from the customer if something goes wrong. Being a friendly and approachable business can put the customer at ease and make them want to shop with you. Take a look at our guide on creating the perfect contact page here. 

I also took a look at your social media accounts, more specifically your Instagram account. While it is great to have your social media listed you need to actually be using it. An empty social media feed in unsettling, it makes your business look unfinished and unreliable. It is recommended that you should have at least 9 posts ready when launching an Instagram as it will fill the screen of any user so make sure you get on that right away. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on setting up your Instagram for your business.

Taking a look at your product pages I noticed you product images have varying sizes. To maintain a uniform look along your product line and on your collection pages, you should keep the width and height aspect ratio of all your feature images the same, say square. Your featured image is the first image of a product that will appear across your store – on your home page, cart page, checkout page, and a variety of collection pages. Keep all your thumbnails, too,  the same size and shape to convey a polished store look. Keep in mind, many of your customers will be browsing on mobile too and square images are easier to reposition for smaller screens. We recommend 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos. These are high-resolution images that give your store a professional and well-rounded look with great zoom capabilities. Keep in mind that for zoom functionality to work your images have to be more than 800 x 800 pixels. We have apps that will allow you to resize your products in bulk which can be found here.

Was there any reason that you decided to go with Pinterest for your advertising as opposed to Instagram or Facebook? Instagram is incredibly effective when it comes to advertising, especially in the fashion industry. I would recommend taking a look at the following guides to help you get more sales:

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1
Hi there! So first going on your store I notice that the header can be shortened to "Free Shipping Over $50 Worldwide" just to make it more scannable to a potential buyer. Second, the slideshow of each collection doesn't link to anything which might confuse people who don't want to go and look for the certain collections. Going down, I would get rid of the featured collection or at least limit it to a few products. Consider renaming "featured collection" to something more appealing like a popular collection. Scrolling down more I would delete the collection list title and just have the collections. After scrolling down I found out that you should completely delete "featured collection" and move the best sellers in it's place. Also for new arrivals the price on the picture doesn't match the price you're selling it for. On to the side bar menu, I recommend reducing the list to Clothing (included with drop down menu), About Us, Customer Support (include refund policy, shipping & terms of service on this page) Log & Account. After clicking on a random product, I think it would be more convenient for the customer if you had a left to right product image scroll through instead of having all the product pictures down the side and having to scroll up and down. After that I would move the product description under the pictures and take time to edit and make a nice description. The guarantee safe check out should go under the add to cart, move the upsell feature below the safe check out, delete more from this collection & recently viewed. Replace it with a simple recommended bar. This was the majority of what I found. I hope this feedback helps.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks for the feedback! It's very informative, and also thanks for providing links and guides. And yeah I'll start with the instagram, I'll follow the link you provided...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks for the feedback and advice Graene_Miles, I will try my best to do as you say.

0 Likes