I need some critical feedback

pjmalcolm
1 0 0

Hello guys, 

I am new to the Ecommerce world. I recently launched my e-commerce electronic store on April 13th. The name of the site is www.teknologei.com I am currently drop shipping electronic/phone accessories products on the site. I have tried to watch as many YouTube videos and literature on how to run a successful store. As of now I have been split testing many products with not much success at all. I have so far 646 sessions, $196 in sales 8 total sales, 22 add to carts/18 checkout/8 conversions(Purchases). I have been mainly marketing on Facebook. The same issues tends to happen over and over. Once I put the ad up I will normally make a sale that day or the day after, then after that nothing. I always split test on 5/day budgets. According to Facebook most of them perform average to above average for Quality, Engagement and Conversion Ranking. I am unsure if my budget is just too low to see the desired results. So far absolutely none of my ad sets have been profitable. So far I have spent $305 in Facebook ads with only $196 in sales. I have done my best to optimize my landing pages with countdowns, checkout animated buttons, reviews, pop-up for email list and scarcity tactics but I have still not yet become profitable. I have not yet implemented the abandoned cart campaigns. I would like to know if it will just take time for my store to be profitable or am I doing something extremely wrong. As of right now my conversion rate is extremely low 1.7%. I would like that number to be closer to 3-5%. My goal because I am new is just to run a profitable store. It doesn't have to make a whole lot of money I understand that will come in time. If I could get some help on what I could do differently to succeed would be great. Thanks 

0 Likes
Nick_AdRoll
Shopify Partner
33 0 9

Hey there, Quickly looking over your store, I see a few areas of where you could improve it.

1. Add an About Us page. This is important because it tells your brands story and why people should buy from you. Your website feels a little like Amazon where we are just getting what we see.

2. Add a little bit about your company on the front page. Same reason as above.

3. Add your business address on the footer of your website. It helps build credibility. It feels like another selling page.

4. Invest in a new logo.

I have created a best practices guide summarizing above, check it out here

For tools, check out our marketing platform. We are offering 90-day free trial for our Growth plan. 150,00 emails, dynamic product recommendations carousel, email capture, and more.

Nicholas Bennett
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1955 124 436

Hey Teknologei,

Give your site the below-mentioned amendments for a unique brush up:

• Keep all letters either in lower or in uppercase in the shipping bar tagline- "Free Shipping for all products".
  • Have you noticed this? The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Favicons enhance the user experience and eCommerce websites need this usability feature for easy identification".Add one to your site as well to identify it uniquely.
  • Arrange all the "Footer Links" vertically for better alignment.
  • Instagram boasts over 1 billion active users, 500 million of whom use Stories every day. Hence, it is an effective source of store advertising. But, apart from it, other social links like "Facebook, Twitter and Linked in" should also be included as they too contribute to brand promotion.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Expecting a great success for you in the coming time.
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @pjmalcolm ,

Congratulations on your new store. I've taken a look at your store and ts already looking great. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. There is no detailed product description in some product pages. Example: https://www.teknologei.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/360-full-cover-iphone-case-for-iphone

2. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

3. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic

4. A FAQ would be useful!

5. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

6. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 9 results indexed by Google. But your website has 34+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. 

You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
32 3 11

In addition to what's already been suggested, a few additional ideas:

• Focus on product descriptions. They can have a huge impact on add to carts. For example, look at https://www.casetify.com/product/tpu-airpod-pro-case-customization/airpod-case/16000511#/16000511. "At only 1.2mm slim, you can count on the CASETiFY AirPods Pro Case to keep your tech safe from drops, dirt and scratches. Make it personal, and choose from our custom options or CASETiFY prints. It's totally up to you. *AirPods and Charger are not included." Much stronger and descriptive than "These Sleeves are excellent for your AirPod Case. The sleeves are hand made with multiple features. There is a a charging hole open design at the bottom of the case. These trendy colors will go with anything." This product doesn't have any description. https://www.teknologei.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/silicone-cover-case-for-iphone
  • Add an "About" page. Right now there's really no way to know who you are or why this business exists.
  • Add a physical address and/or phone number to your contact page. You're expecting people to share their credit card information. Not having a way to contact you beyond a contact form could be an issue for some.
  • Include the "Free Shipping" on all pages, not just the homepage.

Shawn

Marketing Strategy @ DeepVarnish

https://experts.shopify.com/shawn-graham

0 Likes