I need you to ROAST my store (high CTR low conversion rate)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Can I please get some honest feedback on my 1st store. I have a CTR that's around 6-7% with fb ads however my conversion rate is awful. I have spent a bit over 200$ and am ready to move on to another product  soon.

Thanks

Landing page : https://whiskersandpaws.ca/products/electric-cat-dog-nail-grinder

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 48 97

Hi @htibi,

Hyde here from Shopify. Ah, the classic conversion issue!

You've set up the store, and that's great. Congratulations on taking that big step. Now, however, you're struggling with that classic business concern: actually making sales. To help I would suggest you need to consider a few things when picking a product line and trying to market it:

1) Why should a customer buy this product?

Every market these days is saturated, and online shopping is no exception. So trying to compete on the basis of price or speed of delivery is a losing game. There will always be someone who can sell what you're selling faster, cheaper, and in greater bulk. So you need to pick something that is:

- specific and unique,
- that you can establish yourself as an authority in,
- and that you can build a marketing narrative or theme around.

Making a pet nail grinder the central focus of your store might not quite have the selling power you're looking for, as it does not quite meet any of these criteria.

2) What makes it unique?

A lot of the necessities are widely and cheaply available locally. Pet stores, food stores, clothes stores abound. So trying to compete with that online is an uphill struggle. Instead, try to find a product that you really know, understand, and curate. Something that you can build a story and brand around.

There's a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it. In it, he outlines great methods of whittling down your brand's purpose. I'm going to borrow from this book to give you an idea of where you might start:

• A brand is not your logo, or your website, or your content. It is your reputation with your clients. It is what your customers think of you. It's the passion they associate with you.

Therefore the first idea with a new brand is to reverse engineer this, by trying to determine what it is exactly that you want your customers to think and feel about your brand. The passion for your underlying brand.  So I'd like you to outline a faux "obituary".

Marty uses a pretend new wine bar as an example:

20-07-1yq60-i3llw

• You now need to whittle this down to a core purpose. This is the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money.

Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  The fake wine bar purpose might be: To bring people together through wine education.

That's 7 words. Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

•  What's your vision?

Our example wine bar's vision might be a bar (or bars) that has a hundred wines from around the world, all available by the glass, in a constantly changing menu. They see happy groups of people learning about wine, talking about wine, and swapping stories about food, travel, and cultures they've experienced.

What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world?

• You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

Right now, because of the broadness of your mission statement, it sounds like you're competing with larger marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, which is a losing battle. So please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Here are some examples:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

OUR PRETEND WINE BAR

What: The ONLY chain of wine bars
How: That builds community around education
Who: for men and women of drinking age
Where: in cities and progressive towns
Why: who want to learn more about wine
When: in an era of cultural awakening.

You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

4. How do you become an authority and establish yourself in the niche area you've selected to sell in?

Well, first off, you need to know your audience, so create customer profiles (here's how) and develop a strategy for communicating your knowledge with them. You need to create content that showcases your authority and that you can share widely through paid and organic advertising. 

Here are 11 ways to step up your content marketing game and a few tips on marketing to millennials, but really it goes without saying that blog posts and videos are big draws for your target audience.

So be sure to create a blog to share far and wide and establish your authority in your field, and add a video to your store that can also be easily shared and will pull people into your story so that they can make it their story.

And work on developing a marketing funnel (a strategy for attracting and drawing potential leads into your store). Here is an overview of what that funnel might look like, and another post just reiterating the importance of having a strategy.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @htibi,

Facebook is a very visual platform and you need to make sure that your ads are good at catching the eyes of your custom audience. You can tell that your ad creative is performing poorly if your ad has a low CTR. The average CTR on Facebook is 0.9%. 

Facebook ads can be a great way to increase traffic numbers for your website. However, if you have yet to see an adequate return on investment, it may just be that you’re making some common mistakes leading up to getting your custom audience to your landing page.

just reviewed your store. I think you should do some improvements on your store also.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Speed - To increase visitors and sales you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 26%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.

a97d86ce-a2af-4ef5-bf35-6cafa2116da9.png

Homepage: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add more sections on home page such as ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘New arrivals’, ‘offers & discount banners’ to engage users. Also, Include trust indicators on the homepage.

Product Page: Product page formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information.

Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 2 6
Hy Just loved your website . To make it more appealing. Online stores give merchants complete autonomy over the customers’ experiences. Instead of following a marketplace’s policies, a seller can set up their own online shop by their terms to shape their buyers’ product interactions. Merchants with this freedom as an online store owner can encourage more conversions if they know how to craft each element of their shop. By following the strategies outlined in this guide, merchants can become more aware of how customers perceive every store element and apply that knowledge to create their shop. Curating an online store to align with key buyers’ wants and motivations gives sellers an edge over less mindful competitors. I would like to suggest you an application named Descrii,the description generator. Make your store look professional and reliable. So, the customer will get a perception of a reliable, trustworthy, and honest website. I hope you will do better with the help of this https://bit.ly/descrii-premium
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
491 31 148

Hi @htibi !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  6. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. Add a favicon
  9. Conversion optimization is much more than boosting immediate sales. It’s also about capturing information that could lead to sales.

The add-to-cart rate tells us the percentage of visitors that placed an item in the shopping cart, regardless of whether the visitors consummated the purchase. The action typically represents an intent to buy, and it is usually higher than the purchase conversion rate.A high add-to-cart rate indicates strong product pages and calls-to-action. 

Adding a product to the cart is one step in the sales process. The purchase conversion rate tells us not only the percentage of buyers to visitors but also the percentage of abandoned carts. The average purchase conversion rate is around 2.3 percent, with the top performers reporting upwards of 11 percent.

Not all hope is lost when you don’t get the sale. Capturing email signups is the next best conversion to a sale because it connects the site with prospects. The average conversion rate for email signups from websites using scroll boxes and popups is about 2 percent, with the highest at roughly 5 percent. 

10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
  13. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  14. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes