I started a new Shopify survival store

SolSurvival
1 0 1

I would like some feedback and any advice on what I should do moving forward.

Here is my store - Sol-survival.com

Would also like suggestions for products that I can add.. thanks!

new to the whole shopify biz. Hope I can make my place here

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @SolSurvival, I hope you are doing good! the store looks great. Here are some suggestions:

- Create a separate page of the blog and add it in the header menu as BLOGS.

- Add web push notifications. It can be delivered to your customer’s device, mobile or desktop, even when he is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications including browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content, and more.

Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 181

Hey there, @SolSurvival!  

Welcome to Shopify and congrats on the store. I couldn’t tell by looking at your store that this is your first Shopify store. That’s impressive! 

First, let’s talk about a few quick things:

• Add a favicon
  • Link your announcement bar to your product page. 
  • Start posting to your Instagram 

A few suggestions I have:

• Pop-up: Change the trigger so that it doesn’t launch the moment a visitor lands on your site. Remember that these visitors don’t know what you sell or if they want to buy from you; they definitely won’t know if they want to join your list. Instead, I would offer a discount and explain what they get - stories from other adventurers? Tips on survival tactics?
    LuckyDanny_0-1607121987580.png

• Visitor research: Run a poll to see how much experience visitors have with outdoor adventure. If you find that most visitors are new or relatively inexperienced, you can update your messaging to reflect that.
  • Homepage: In general, I like your page design. It continues with your adventure aesthetics. I would suggest using click heatmaps to see where people are clicking and scroll heatmaps to understand where they stop scrolling down your page. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t make it below “Featured Items.”
  • Footer: Move Contact Us to the top of the Quick Links list or at least below Home. Remove the phone number field from the Contact Us form and add in your email address. Comb through your privacy and quick link pages to make sure your email address is linked. For the shipping page, clarify your policies. There’s a lot of confusion around free shipping. On your announcement bar, it’s free on orders of $100 or more. On your Shipping Policy page, it’s free on most items. On some items it’s free shipping over $75. That’s three different responses for free shipping. Clean it up to make it easier to read and understand. No one is going to buy from you if they don’t understand it. 
  • Main Navigation: Click heatmaps will show you where people are clicking on your navigation, but I would add in session recordings as well. You want to see how people move across your store. I would simplify this by removing About Us and Track Order. I disagree that your blog should be in the main navigation. This would let you expand Shop, which is what you want people to click into. You could also create bundles or guides to help those new visitors with little experience to find what they are needing. 
  • Collection pages: I really like that you have a Shop By Collection option across all collections. It eliminates the need of a Shop All page. That being said, watch your filters. There are some (i.e., solar panel and solar panel camera) that aren’t very helpful. 
  • Product names: Update the product names so that it’s not keyword stuffing. For example, “Emergency Shelter Tent Blanket Reflective Outdoor Ultralight Portable Camping Shelter Emergency Survival Tent First Aid Gear” can be simplified to “Reflective Ultralight Tent Blanket” or something similar. Some product names are fine; others are not. Comb through your product list. 
  • Product Pages: Link to your shipping page and add more to the description. Right now it screams DROP-SHIPPER. You are the expert on outdoor survival now, so you need to show it. For example, on the survival blanket mentioned earlier, you would want a how-to guide on using it or cleaning it. Make sure there’s a place for reviews as well. 

The good news is that you’re already on the way to an awesome site, and I can’t wait to see what visitor behavior can do to help your business grow and thrive. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
zenkidiaz
8 0 0

One thing to improve is your product descriptions. Like this one right here:

Sol Survival.jpg

Short, unemotional copy like this one would lose your store money each month, even if you have the best-designed store in the world.

Just message me if you need help. I'm a copywriter and would be happy to give you a discount as a first-time client.

Best,
Zenki

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
230 18 84

Hello @SolSurvival 

Hope you are well!

Here is my feedback:

Sticky headers: 

This will ensure that people do not have to scroll up every time for going to a new page. Makes it easier for your users, and your site becomes more user-friendly, thus creating a good impression. 

Chatbot: 

Chatbots are extremely useful when it comes to collecting user insights, and they will make things simpler for you by answering all the common questions. 

CutOutWiz_0-1607250081314.png

This section may be added at another page, but as you already have a shop now button on yuor banner, this is not needed on the home page. Instead, you can shift your featured items more to the top, where it has more chance of getting noticed. 

image.png

Instead of watermarking the pictures, as it is on your homepage, consider making the pictures solid. You may even want to add more pictures on your homepage, under each criteria. 

That's all from me! Hope you found what you are looking for!

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
551 50 203

Hi @SolSurvival

Have seen your site and I have some comments for you:

- At first, I love the vibe of your site. You've created consistency for your site successfully. 

- Your logo should be bigger to make it more outstanding. 

- Those titles should be moved down there. And you have a head title. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1607305256947.png

- It would be great if you can allow customers to see more than four products out there. More than that, you can consider adding Quickview and Quickshop buttons for your products. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1607305495340.png

- This section is unclickable. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1607305618994.png

- Have seen your Instagram account and it seems you're building that. 

After having an account with great content, you can have a shoppable Instagram gallery to show this content and increase your sales. 

If you want to have one, please check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Buy Now button 

+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, product bundles. 

+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar

- In the future, if you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you do that with ease. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes