I started a new shop. I think this one is better. Would like opinions. It is dropshipping.

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 0

I have built a new site and would like opinions on it please :)

PythonRidge.com

The site is an outfitters brand selling camping gear and a few other outdoors equipment. I am also planning on selling print-on-demand apparel with the logo printed on it. I have (what I think to be) good product descriptions on about 80% of the products so far. I plan to add detailed descriptions to every product. 

I asked this community a while ago about an old site I had built glamorcamping.com and tried to make improvements over that site. I have got to say I am LOVING the Shopify platform! It is much better to use than Wordpress.

I am working on building a strong social media presence around the brand now. That is my next step. I have social accounts with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. 

I would love some opinions on my new site. I think I have come a long way since my old site but would like to make all the improvements I can.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Great to see you moved to the new brand and have a new store up and running. This one does look a lot better. Here are some ways to make your new store even better:

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. If you are going to have a product on your homepage. Make it a Featured Product type section as it makes it look like something planned. This camping hammock needs a section title and why you picked this product to feature

3. I would look to add more product over time as the store is limited in what it sells right now

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your return/refund policy on each product page as you do for shipping

2. Move your "100% Secure Checkout" to your footer. You don't want duplicate content on your site
  3. I might move customer reviews below your product images to help balance out the page

4. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi ozcomz,

General
  • The favicon: Your store doesn't have a favicon at the moment. A favicon is a small square image or logo that appears on the browser tabs, as well as on browser pages that list web addresses, such as the bookmarks page. It helps strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website. Here's how you can add a favicon to your store.
Homepage
  • If the social media icons/links at the footer can be opened at the new tab instead of the same tab upon click. This will ensure your visitors/customers stay on your store while checking out your social media presence.
  • I noticed that you have a newsletter subscription box. I would suggest adding a bonus (such as a discount code) to entice your site visitor to sign up.
Product
  • No related product list. It is very helpful in improving your cross sales so i suggest provide featured collections or related product list.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 11

I like your store design, Good luck with sales

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 0

Thanks for the advice. The slideshow on the homepage isn't actually on a timer. I heard they kill conversion rates so I made it so that the customer needs to scroll through them manually, if they want to. The reason this isn't a product promotion is because I wanted something foremost that reinforces the brand and lifestyle. Is this still ok, or should I only have a single image, and remove the ability for the customer to scroll? I tried to make the most important message on the first image.

The 100% Secure Checkout on the product pages is a plugin. Will this still count as duplicate content?

As for moving the customer reviews, is this something I need coding for?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ozcomz wrote:

Thanks for the advice. The slideshow on the homepage isn't actually on a timer. I heard they kill conversion rates so I made it so that the customer needs to scroll through them manually, if they want to. The reason this isn't a product promotion is because I wanted something foremost that reinforces the brand and lifestyle. Is this still ok, or should I only have a single image, and remove the ability for the customer to scroll? I tried to make the most important message on the first image.

The 100% Secure Checkout on the product pages is a plugin. Will this still count as duplicate content?

As for moving the customer reviews, is this something I need coding for?

Thanks again

Whether your carousel is on a timer or manual, most people are not going to sit down and go through each one. They came to your site to buy. Having one main and strong image is always better. Even with an app, it's still duplicate content. I don't know how you have your customer reviews on your site now, I would read the documentation for your app and see how you can move it, if that is something you want to do.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 0

I learned a bit from the last site and made some improvements. I hope it does better.

Shopify is a great app.

0 Likes