I think I have a PROFESSIONAL website - Visitors but No Carts

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 0 2

This is my product page that im advertising, its getting a lot of clicks from my ads but None of them literally ads it to cart even if its FREE + shipping, can someone give me feedback as to why no one ads to cart? 

https://www.clingycables.com/collections/premium-phone-case/products/the-ultimate-lava-case-premium-...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, there!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

I had a look at your product page. There is a lot going on in it, it is a very overwhelming page. Most of the content on it is about creating urgency, which distracts from the information about the actual product. I see many headlines screaming at me to purchase, without actually knowing what I am buying.  The screenshot below shows 11 indications of creating urgency on the landing page, however, I would have to scroll down to see a very limited description of the product itself. If you're avoding discussing the product, it can seem suspicious that you don't actually care about what you're selling. Another concern with this page is if someone checks back tomorrow and the 'today only' is still free the next day. This does not build trust with potential customers. Unfortunately, with online shopping, there is a higher risk of fraud. That is why it is important to focus on continually building trust with customers, instead of having a store that appears to want to make as many sales as possible in a short period of time. A common fear most consumers have is that they will pay for an item and it will not be delivered, or it will not look like the image. Being as honest as possible and providing a lot of info about the product is essential, here are  9 Ways to Earn Customer Trust When You Have Zero Sales.

Creating urgency is a good sales tact, however, try not to be so pushy. Here are some examples of how other brands have Urgency and Scarcity Tactics to Increase Sales. The key here is that these brands have only initiated one or two tactics per page, and still leave room to learn about the product. Groupon does a great example of creating urgency with their whole site based on time-sensitive deals. They keep the offer very simple, either when they run out of stock or when they meet the expiry date of the offer, the product will no longer be available. The time customers have to purchase is clearly stated on the product page with a countdown timer, use of red writing and 'selling fast' text. You sense the urgency but it does not overwhelm the product listing. 

Groupon product page example: 

Next issue, is the whole concept of free plus shipping that's been trending since last year. While this can be a successful business model, in many cases this has built mistrust with consumers who are wary when they see this offer. By the time the customer gets to check out, the shipping can be an unreasonable price. If you are going to offer this model, it is a good idea to include the price of the shipping or at least a range the customer can expect to pay, without having to go through the checkout process to estimate the price. I don't know about you, but personally, this is a long winded process to price check. Here's a great article on How To Start A Successful Free Plus Shipping Business for some additional tips on how to make the free plus model a success. 

There are some spelling mistakes in the description " Free Item! Just aCover A Small Shipping Fee."   This can cause mistrust and uncertainty about the product information. There also appears to be two colors in the images - a red case, and a black case that reacts to heat. If so, the variants do not correspond to the images and what case the customer will actually receive. Try revisiting your product descriptions to write more information about the product the customer will receive. Here's some additional information on Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell. 

I also recommend you optimize your product pages, try to include some personal touches. This can include using some 'lifestyle' images of the product in real life situations. For example, styled on a coffee table with a purse and some glasses. Putting the products into real-life situations can help form aspirations for that item. Learn about How To Optimize Your Product Pages For More Sales: 11 Expert-Recommended Tips. Even if you're dropshipping, I recommend ordering some samples and taking some shots of the item yourself or hiring a local photographer to get some unique images. This process is powerful to test the quality of the product if you haven't already, and create some appealing lifestyle content you can use to help build an original brand. 

Best of luck with your store! Feel free to reply if you have any further questions. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1893 37 224

Hello,

You gave the item price is zero to the customer How the Customers Can Believe It's here that the Free is coming here?
Mostly visitors try to test the purchasing of item, they will add to cart and after go to check out page they disappointed by the item price means they easily understand the item shipping price contains shipping price+item price, finally customers are not like to purchasing the item.
So I suggest you have up to increasing of your sales you can provide the item price to be shipping price and you can give free shipping price or you can decrease the price of shipping of the item.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 0 2

Thank you guys <3 I appreciate it, can I ask what FB ads targeting I can use for the thermal color temperature changing phone case? I dont know key words to target

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 0 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DETAILED RESPONSE I WILL MAKE THESE CHANGES :D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
104 0 11

If you advertise a product it needs to be special. I can buy the same phone case on Amazon for $8 with free shipping and recieve it in 2 days.

iphone cases are sold in dollar stores now, you need a better product or advertising costs will eat your budget fast.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
242 1 22

I took a look at the link you posted and here is what I think.

You need to tone down with the features on your product page. There are too many flashy elements. You can't pay attention to all of them so it ends up just as loud page. But I don't really care what the signs are saying. 

Remove the sign that says how many items were sold in last 6 hours. The visitor does not care about that. It does not help him with making a decision. Also, the marketing popup jumps out that often that it is annoying. 

You say that the product is free + shipping. But you still have a price on it as if it would be a regular product. Info that it is free is way down. If you want to promote the product like that you should put it to the top of the product. But I don't think it is a good way of promoting. People that come to your store for free stuff are not looking to spend money. So you won't get much out of them.

All your top selling products are one and the same thing. Put other stuff there too. 

Most of the information from your menu should be in the footer menu. In the main menu should be product categories. 

You say you have traffic but low sales. You should utilize retargeting ads. People usually need more time to make a decision about a purchase. They don't buy during the first visit. Retargeting ads will help you get people back and finish the sale. Check out ROI Hunter Easy app for that.

Hope it helps.

Ondra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 0 2

Thank you thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, again! 

You are very welcome. As for FB ads targeting for the thermal color temperature changing phone case, you need to think about who your audience is.  I suggest listening to this article on Using Customer Profiles as a Filter for Making Better Business Decisions.  Along with reading this Facebook Advertising guide here, in particular, chapter 5, about targeting new audiences. This will run you through the options you have to target, and you can choose which will best suit your customer. A product like thermal color temperature changing phone case, I believe would be best suited to a 'gadget' or a 'novelty' category. Use this keyword tool here, Free Facebook Ads Keyword & Interest Search, to help you define interests for your audience. Typing in 'gadget', 'novelty', 'phone case' would be a good start to find audiences with similar interests. 

Also, if you're not familiar with Facebook advertising, using the free app Kit, can help assist you in marketing for your store. Kit works similar to a virtual assistant automating daily optimizations. The team at Kit works hard to stay up to date with the latest ad types and algorithms so you can focus on your business. Kit works on promoting products for you via Facebook and Instagram ads that are effective.

- Lisa ?

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes