I’ve been open 3 months, still not steady sales

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello,
I’ve been open 3 months now and I have about 20 sales since. Half of them are from craft shows that I’ve attended.
I’m not sure if it’s my site, I feel like I have great products. They are all handmade baby and toddler clothing but I just can’t seem to get the traffic I need to get a steady flow of sales.
I started writing a blog to help with SEO but I still get maybe only 30-40 visitors a day.
I have all my alt tags descriptions added and meta descriptions as well. I was using google ads but they stopped working. I moved onto Instagram ads.
Any help would be appreciated.
My site is https://jbeary.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1059 50 316

Hi Jodi,

Congratulations on a new online venture. Low organic traffic, in the beginning, is perfectly normal, so there's nothing wrong in this area. Do you also drive traffic other ways than through blogging and SEO? Those take time to really bring results, so it's worth looking into Facebook ads, Instagram ads and Pinterest ads to generate more steady traffic faster.

When it comes to website layout and design I have a few suggestions.

Your homepage header area is quite substantial, pushing the rest of the website content down the page and out of view when you land on the page. This is how your homepage looks on my 15" screen laptop:

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 19.11.14.png

The top menu and intro text below take a lot of space, which makes the sliding images almost invisible above the fold [area visible without scrolling down]. Consider reducing the number of menu links by nesting some of the collections together [in a form of drop-down menu] and having only one row of links.

Also move the intro area:

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 19.16.52.png

below the sliding images.

Sliding images - change the transition time to 7 seconds - it's recommended to give your visitors enough time to see what's in each image in comfort and then decide to click it. This will improve your user-experience and click through rate.

The featured categories look really adorable. I love that you have plenty of useful info links in your footer area and your contact details and address are quickly displayed, which builds trust, perfect.

You have a quick buy enabled on the collection page, very smart.

Consider removing the collection 'Swaddle Blankets' from the top menu as it only has one item:

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 19.21.27.png

You can add this product to more general Accessories collection if you have one, and then display it back in the menu once you have more items here.

Consider also merging some of the smaller collections together - at the moment your visitors have to do a lot of clicking to view the collections, and some of them have only two products in them. Always reduce the number of clicks your visitors have to make in order to complete a sale and simplify navigation as much as you can. 

You can merge all these collections together:

• Bodysuits + Custom bodysuits and garments
  • Rompers + Dresses
  • Pants & leggings + Shorts
  • T-shirts + Sweaters

This will reduce the number of collections in the top menu and improve the navigation of your website, which as a result will improve your conversion rate [sales].

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify SEO expert

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi Jodi226,

I love your products, they look so good and your online store is well, it needs small improvments. I see your instagram page you have 1,5K follower almost and you take some engagement but you need to put your store url in the posts.

General

• Your logo is absolutely adorable!
  • There are far too many menu items in your navigation bar. This can make your customers or first time visitors feel overwhelmed. It is also harder to search and difficult to navigate your website. Ideally you would have 4 or 5 menu items in your navigation bar, so I would recommend trying to group together and categorize your menu items into dropdown menus.

Homepage

• You may want to look at removing some of the extra content displayed on your homepage. When there is too much text or images on the homepage it can feel too busy and overwhelming to your customers.
  • Customer trust is a huge driver of conversion. When people visiting your site can be confident they'll receive a quality product they're more likely to buy. There are many ways to start building up trust even when your site is new. One very useful way to build trust is by using is social proof.

Product

• Your product pages are great! Amazing work here, the descriptions, images and reviews are a great touch. No need to change anything here!

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Your store has a friendly vibe and the clothes are adorable as well. We have two ecom clients that sell to parents.... so this experience is where my feedback is coming from. Plus as a fellow Canadian business, it's great to see you succeed. Here are some ways to make the store better:

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders
  2. Merge your main menu items under themes to help clean up the layout and look

3. I might move your logo to the far left to help decrease the length of your homepage

4. I would add a section for customer reviews to help build social proof. Parents love seeing that other parents buy from you store

5. I would remove the intro paragraph and move that to your about us page or make it lower on your site

6. Add a link to your footer for your sizing chart/guide

Product Page Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince parents to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and makes your store stand out
  2. Add your shipping and return/refund policy as text links on your product page. It'll make your page look cleaner then what you have now

3. Remove the sizing guide as a product image and make it  a new page on your site. That way every product page can link to it. Make sure the link is placed near where parents pick the size for their child. You want to make sure they pick the right size and don't return it

4. Try to make sure all your product images are the same dimension going forward. It's a little thing that ties the store together

5. Move your sizing guide on this baby product higher on the page. Put it near where parent pick the size

6. When possible, try to have 3 - 5 images for each product. Adding lifestyle photos are a great way to show off the product to parents

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes