I’ve been open for two months with a lot of traffic and no sales

Solved

Hello everyone, I’m really sad and discouraged. I’ve been working on my site, making little changes. I’m still working on product pages description now but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong with how much traffic I’ve had, I should’ve had a sale by now….. 

please help me and give me feedback on my store, it would mean a lot to me.. 

thank you for your time 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 17 12

Hi @ZulyArt.

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear you have been discouraged. We strive to make our platform as accessible as possible and I would be more than happy to offer you some suggestions.

In regards to feedback for your store, I can for sure take a look, can you share the link here?

It sounds like you are getting some decent traffic but have yet to make your first sale. There are a few different factors that play a part in your customers decision to make a purchase on your store, some examples are:

• Does your visual brand look professional?
  • Does your homepage have a clear call to action?
  • Is your main navigation easy to use?
  • Are shoppers adding products to their cart and are shoppers abandoning their cart?

An idea I like sharing with our merchants in regards to abandoned checkouts is when viewing your abandoned checkout section, have you ensured you have your checkout recovery email set up? This will ensure any customer who may abandon their checkout will receive an email from your shop reminding them to complete their purchase. I recommend checking out our information on recovering your abandoned checkouts here.

This idea is not always enough as you can imagine. However, what you could look into if you are seeing high abandoned checkout rates is, automatically applying a discount code to your abandoned checkout emails, you can find more information about that here if you are curious.

These are only a few of the factors that you should consider when trying to make sales. We do have a very handy blog that breaks down the above and more factors that you should consider when trying to achieve sales.

Something else to consider is how you have been marketing and promoting your store, do you run any marketing campaigns to gain that traffic you are seeing?

We have a really great guide for marketing and promotions that may offer you some further suggestions you have yet to try with your store. This guide will walk you through the steps for developing a marketing plan all the way to topics like flash sales and content marketing.

There is also a fantastic blog that talks about making your first sale and breaking down a marketing checklist that would be worth digging into here.

I hope some of these ideas get you started, please reach back out to me here with your store link and I would be happy to provide some feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 135 326

Hey @ZulyArt,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I'd be happy to take a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

When you post your store URL, tag me @ EcomGeeks so I see the notification.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Thank you so much for all this helpful information. My report shows that many visit, and barely anyone makes adds to the cart, let alone reach the actual checkout page. 

I totally forgot to share my store url

www.zulyart.com 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it 

0 Likes

Hey there, Thank you for the suggestions. 

my store is www.zulyart.com I appreciate you taking the time to give me a feedback on my store. 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 17 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ZulyArt.

Thank you for replying back and sharing your store link. 

I took a peek at your store and it looks really great, I especially love your header image. One thing I notice right away is that it is hard to read your store name with the black "ZulyArt" over the white "Art and Apparel." This would not necessarily play into not getting sales, however, a clear and professional storefront is essential in building your customer trust:
 05-24-860-11106

Your products look awesome and I love how you have taken your passion for art and turned it into a business, this was a stroke of genius on your part. That said when I opened your storefront initially, I found it hard to find any information about you as the artist and store creator. I did notice your "About the Artist" section however, it seems hidden halfway down your storefront:

It's not that the placement of your "About the Artist" section can't be found, however, If you added it as a menu item on your homepage as well it may draw visitors to that information easier:

If you are curious about how you would add your "About the Artist" page as a menu item, you would just need to copy and paste the content into a Page and then add it as a new menu item through the Navigation area in your admin. We have a handy guide on Adding menu items that you can check out here for instructions if you need it. 

I also really like how you have included a currency selector option, this gives customers from all over the world a chance to have easy access to pricing in the currency of their choosing. It looks like you are using a third-party application of some kind to provide this feature, is that correct? I went ahead and selected Canada from where I am based, but had to scroll past twenty-one options before reaching CAD, this may turn some customers off. Have you ever thought of utilizing our Geolocation app instead? The Geolocation app lets you recommend the best country and language for your visitors based on their browser preference and location.  

You mentioned that your store is getting many visitors, yet not many customers are adding to the cart and purchasing. What sort of marketing and promotions have you done with your store to generate traffic and sales? I notice you have a pretty awesome Instagram following and your profile has a link to your store, you also have a link to a Facebook page. Are you already set up with our Facebook Channel? The Facebook Channel is a must for anyone who wants to create shoppable products on both their Instagram and Facebook pages, while also having the ability to run targeted marketing and promotions for their shop. If you haven't yet looked into utilizing the Facebook Channel, I would recommend checking out our handy guide here. We also have a more targeted and specific guide for Marketing and Promoting your store, that you can take a look at here

Another huge part about marketing and promoting your store to not only get traffic coming but sales as well is Search Engine Optimization or "SEO" for short. SEO is essential when running an online store as it helps customers find your shop over others on search engines like Google and Safari. There are many factors that can make your online store appear higher in search results:

• the number of natural (not paid or social media) links pointing to your store from other websites
  • the authority of the website based on engagement and other factors
  • the age of your domain name
  • website structure and content that is optimized for search engines

We do have a great guide on Search Engine Optimization that may offer you some further tips and strategies that you can check out here for more information. 

Lastly, I see that if you click your menu item for "Apparel" and "Accessories" you reach blank space, you need to hover over the menu items in order to see the options for Apparel and the options for Accessories. One thing you could do in that same Navigation area is to link all the clothes you offer to your "Apparel" menu item, while still leaving your sub-menu options. That way, your customers will be able to click on "Apparel" and see all the clothes you offer or see the sub-menu collection options. You could do the same with your Accessories menu. 

I would love to hear more about how you are marketing and promoting your store to get the traffic coming in, there may be some more tips I can offer for converting those visitors into sales with that further context. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3718 214 662

Hey @ZulyArtThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. 

- Give product recommendations on the homepage by personalizing the customer's shopping experience. Add a section of trending products.

- While clicking on the 'Apparel' there's nothing appearing. Add products.

AiTrillion_0-1625563866476.png

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales in your store and retain the customers for the long term.

Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
208 14 73

Hello @ZulyArt 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. I see that you have only one banner on your website. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch. In your website, I see that you have uploaded one image for each color to help consumers understand the design. It is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• I can see that you have only availed the star rating widget for customers that want to review your product. Opening this option to the website visitors (not only the consumers) can help you get more people to evaluate your business. Star rating widgets create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
glenn24
Tourist
104 4 37

Hey so I took a look at your site and my suggestion would be if you're not already, to direct people to the product you want them to buy from the ad. After doing that you can run a product ab test using a Product AB Testing app. Elevate is an example and test your price. Do a variation where you charge a few dollars to 5$ less and see if that improves your conversions. It more than likely should and you can then test your price some more to find the sweet spot where you maximize revenue or you can run test on your products title images or descriptions to find the best converting variation. Hope that helps!

0 Likes