I've virtually tried everything, but still no sales. (Religious store)

Tourist
6 0 0

I'm usually not the one to ask for feedback on fora, because I'm of the principle of falling and getting up on your own, but it's frustrating to always miss the gold by an inch so here I go:

Store: http://bit.ly/2XxcL8e (Religious Store)

Top Product: http://bit.ly/infinitycrosspendant

attention: site hasn't been touched in a week, because we're completely stuck.

TL;DR:

We (a friend and I) started our website with the idea of a religious Print on Demand shirts. This is still our core business.

We made some designs and started really narrowly targetted facebook ads -> no luck.

Then we added necklaces and accessoires to see how that would go. Now we have a lot of add to carts, but no sales.

Down below are our problems in detail.

• Only POD

• Using PPE facebook ads -> a lot of engagement, no clicks

• really narrow targeting: <200K target demographic (religious hotspot in the world) -> made no difference in ATC

• targeting WC -> ATC with a cold pixel -> only a few ATC, no purchase

• targeting WC-> PUR with a cold pixel -> no ATC, no Purchases.

• POD + Dropshipping

• Worldwide targetting christians -> cheap traffic from the philippines, lots of ATC, but no sales

• Only targeting e-packet countries -> moderately expensive traffic, lots of ATC, no sales

• Changing prices -> cheap prices = more ATC, no sales

• Free + Shipping action -> a LOT of ATC (40%), but no sales

• Loading time was 10s -> we brought it down to <4s

• Description of every product that is in promotion or that is being advertised, is filled in.

PLEASE, help us find what we've been doing wrong al this time, we honestly don't know!

Some brainstorming we did on what we could do in te future:

• one product store

• social media influencers on instagram and youtube

• give up

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

If people are adding to cart but not completing my first port of call would be to test checkout. Have you done this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Yes, I was able to add credit card details with no issues.

I'm using Debut theme. Maybe the theme doesn't convert very well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Did you complete the order all the way to the end? You can then just cancel it from the backend.

If the entire checkout process works the next up I would look to find out why everyone is abandoning and incentivise to complete. You could use some tracking software that shows the process (I am not sure if Hotjar works on checkout).

Another way is to have an auto e-mail for those who abandon. Send them an e-mail offering a discount code to complete or an option to reach out to you and explain why they did not/to ask further questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I just went through the checkout. The only hiccup is that my creditcard zipcode didn't match my shipping zipcode, so I'll have to look into that.

I have Google Anayltics and I had Lucky Orange installed. Both didn't seem to give much information on why they left the checkout. They did give me information on which products are more popular though. Maybe it's the payment options? Should I think about adding more payment providers like Paypal and Alipay?

I've already set-up abondon cart e-mail marketing with Klaviyo, I'll have  a look at the results.

[EDIT] I JUST DISCOVERED THAT ALL MY E-MAILS HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM MY SERVER. THAT EXPLAINS WHY I WASN'T GETTING ANY TRACTION ON THE MAILS. THAT'S ANOTHER THING I'LL HAVE TO LOOK AT NOW:(

I don't know how I could make a exit-pop-up with a form to get more feedback from customers though...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Everything needs to be based on your user feedback. Something is going wrong on checkout which is why they are abandoning you. Personally I wouldn't add a pop up. I would insert something in the email you send to abandonments.  Only needs to be a line to say "Is there something we can improve? Click here to tell us." and that could illicit your answer. 

I would look more into your checkout and any issues you have. Test it and test it to make sure everything works. If something isn't working this could be preventing orders.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

Could it be something as simple as not seeing the end product? I notice that you have no social media links and use basic product photoshopped mock-ups, which doesn't offer a real idea of the end product. The only way I would shop at a website like this is if there was clear images of select product on social media or I could see genuine customer reviews.

Perhaps this is a matter of building up trust rather than a site bug?

I've just Googled some related products and this is a great example: https://elevatedfaith.com/collections/christian-t-shirts 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

You probably are right Jess!!!!

We're looking into connecting with influencers. We'll try that for a few weeks and see how it turns out.

And I can't believe we missed that competitor. We've been looking all over Google but never came across them and that's EXACTLY the model we're looking for! I'll leave this discussion for just a little longer just in case someone suggests another key component!

0 Likes