I want to build my brand, please give your honest opinions, feedback and criticism.

Khal
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I recently launched my brand LVRS, we aim to promote sexual health and wellness, a healthy lifestyle, and all round positivity. I'm a solo entrepreneur and this is my first and only business, it's been a learning curve from the moment I started and I hope 2019 can be a fruitful year. 

The product i'm selling is Affinitea the LVRS Elixir, a herbal aphrodisiac tea that I created. It's been a challenge to find ways to promote the page for a cost effective way, unfortunately Facebook, IG, Pinterest and Google won't allow me to promote my brand because it's a sex related product. 

I really appreciate your help on this new endeavor!

https://lvrs.co/

Thank you!

Khal

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Khal,

Great product, and you have a great content on your website. It's a great niche and you can connect with your target audience on the most relevant platforms - couple advice discussion groups, sexual health forums etc. Be active on those platforms, join the discussions and see which questions [in your niche] appear the most often. You can then create a content on your website addressing those questions [such as a blog post on "how to improve libido naturally"] and invite people to read the post on your blog. That's the best way to attract relevant traffic to your website.

Make sure also to have more articles on why people should buy your tea: the benefits, the reviews, perhaps videos, and more so people will understand the true value of your tea. 

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1685 179 490

Hey there, Khal!

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I absolutely love your website and you have so much great content on there already so amazing job on that front, it will really help with your SEO. SEO can play a huge part in bringing in sales and potential customers. The key to SEO is understanding what your customers will be looking for and ensuring your site is set up to best manage the products and content they are seeking. They say 80% of SEO is content and your content so far has been of really high quality. I understand how difficult it can be to constantly produce high-quality content. I took a free course myself on content marketing last year that really helped me figure out how to utilize the content I already had and potential content for future products. You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified! https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/content-marketing

I totally understand where you are coming from when it comes to the limitations when it comes to advertising an adult product such as your tea. I wanted to show you this example of an adult store that overcomes this limitation. If you take a look at their social media also you will see how they use their Instagram stories and highlights to show off new products and connect with customers. While advertising and posting may be limited with Instagram, that is not to say that it isn't a tool that you can utilize when done creatively. Take a look at their Instagram and how they use stories, highlights, and hashtags to garner a bigger audience.

Check out this guide on marketing with Twitter. Twitter can be a really powerful tool when used correctly. With Twitter, there is absolutely no censorship so you are free to post any kind of content that you like which really opens your options. We also have this wonderful guide on increasing your traffic organically without paying for ads.

Your site itself looks amazing, I would encourage you to keep it as consistent as possible. When it comes to blogs, if you are going to have a featured image on one blog you ought to have a featured image on all of them, just so they look the same when listed together on the homepage. Also, make sure to link your Instagram account to the Instagram section of your homepage.

I love that you have an FAQ page, however, it isn't clear how a customer can get in touch with you. Customers often want to get in touch with a store before making a purchase just to settle any doubts that they may have and when they see that you are easily contacted it makes them feel more confident in your services, especially when it comes to the nature of your product. You can take a look at this guide on setting up a contact page.

I would also recommend adding an About Us page. The About Us page is a super underutilized tool. It is a page where you can explain to your customer who you are, why you are selling what you are selling and why they should buy from you specifically. It is your opportunity to sell yourself as a brand. Please do take a look at our guide on writing a persuasive about us page.

When it comes to products that claim health benefits, or in your product's case, aphrodisiac benefits customer testimonials can be super effective. How many ads have you seen for different medicines or comfort products that feature a customer testimonial? I'd bet countless! Take a look at our guide on why customer testimonials are so effective and how to get them, here.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help.

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
QuickBrewed
21 0 0

I didn't read everything Bo said above me!

But I'll be super blunt, when I go onto the site I see the product, which is fine! 

But then I scroll down, and half of your articles are missing images, the musings section is empty, and your Instagram photos are not yet showing. On the topic of the website itself, you should add color or something that's going to catch the buyers eye

Then finally there are A LOT of spelling, and grammar mistakes which should be addressed.

Honestly, the site as a whole needs to be re-worked. I also can't tell 100% but I googled a lot of the stuff from your articles and I find the exact same wording on web pages. So if you did copy/past some information that can actually hurt your SEO.

Sorry if that came off as rude, I just think you needed this type of answer in order to do well!

Also, if you have the funds, get an IG automater that you can control yourself, socialcaptain.com has a good one! it's about $40 a month! But it's totally customizable, and you control what happens, so it's worth it!

I run a supplement company @NutriVasc so i'm super familiar with this area you're working in. If you ever need any help just reach out! 

0 Likes
kevinkovalsky
15 0 0

Wish you good luck here

0 Likes