I will appreciate a feedback on my store.

Solved
Bow
2 0 1

I've recently built my T-shirt store and I'm new on shopify, I will appreciate if I can get feedback on the store. 

It's live but I haven't had much engagement as i expected. Your feedbacks will be most welcome and any tips.

Shop link below.

www.thebukkyodusoteworldwidestore.com 

ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @Bow

Have clicked on the link and cannot see your store

ConveyLego0612_0-1602754234632.png

A page like this shows up.

Thank you, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I fixed your broken shop link there, so other folks can check your store out. Based on my experience browsing your store, I have a couple of areas I'd like to recommend some further work on: 

• The branding and color scheme doesn't quite look as professional as it could. I'd suggest doing some reading on branding and apply the advice to your own store. 

• You should have a mission statement on your landing page. Tell us what the overall objective of your business is. What problem are you solving for your customer? What value are you adding? Have a look at some of your favorite brands' websites, and follow suit. 

• It looks like you've double some information in your footer:
  • There needs to be more copy across the entire website. We have some fantastic blogs on copywriting here.  A good start to focus on great copy, would be a comprehensive About Us, which you can learn how to write here

I think if you focus on those areas, and come back to us for further feedback, we'll be able to add further feedback to your website then. You've made a great start, and I'm looking forward to seeing it fully fleshed out! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hi @Bow 

I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment. Your store looks quite professional and beautiful, and I like your products.

Before jumping details, I must say that you really invest in high-quality images in your store and this is a big point. 

1. Home page 

1.1 Make the sticky header

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page. 

1.2 Add a call to action button on the image banner of the slideshow

The Bukky Odusote Worldwide Store 2020-10-16 08-30-06.png

You have many banner images on the slideshow but none of them has a call to action button, it's not good. 

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

1.3 Show more collections

The Bukky Odusote Worldwide Store 2020-10-16 08-35-17.png

On the home page, I only see some featured products from the Adult collection but there no products from other collections such as Baby, Children, etc. Many visitors are finding a T-shirt for their kids can leave quickly when they only see products for adults, especially when you don't provide the sticky header. What I would recommend here is showing more store products from other collections so customers can see all store collections and this can help to decrease the bounce rate.

1.4 Add customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more about its benefit and how to make it effective. 

1.5 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I also notice that you put your store's social media on the footer but it is less attractive, therefore I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

You can consult my store home page here if you want to have more ideas.

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://www.thebukkyodusoteworldwidestore.com/collections/childrens-afro-graphic-tees

2.1 Add secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.2 Use color swatches for products

Color variants are the key factor in customer's choices. In your list of products here, if you don't indicate color variants and customers cannot be aware of this, they cannot find their choices and this increases abandoning your store.

2.3 Use the Load more button instead of the Pagination

CHILDREN'S AFRO GRAPHIC TEES – The Bukky Odusote Worldwide Store 2020-10-16 08-43-38.png

Instead of switching to many pages, go and back, you can replace the pagination with a Load more button. Therefore, customers do not have to change too many pages to see all products, they can press the Load more button to see all products on 1 page. This helps customers easily compare many products and see the wide range of your collection.

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @Bow

Have seen your store and have some suggestions for you:

- Your menu has too many sections. I think the Shop section is not necessary. The maximum is 5 sections. 

So you can consider changing the design of the menu. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602822125510.png

Next, your banners need to have some texts (meaning) and the CTA button. 

- Add Quickview buttons on your products to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1602822358694.png

- Have seen your Instagram account and it has much good content about your business, your life. So you can consider having an Instagram gallery to show your Insta content. 

Check out this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable. 

- On your product pages, here are some parts that you need to add:

+ Quantity section

+ Upsell and cross-sell methods 

+ Sticky Add to Cart

- For better customer support, you can consider adding a live chat. Maybe Whatsapp is a good option. 

Check this app WhatsApp Chat & Notifications. It's totally free. 

Here is my view! Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @Bow !

Your logo does not well match with the style and colors of your store.

You need to add clear CTAs.  Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Bow
2 0 1

Thank you Cal, for you kind contribution. 

I have now fixed all your suggestions. 

I'll love to hear from you your thoughts, based on the updated website?

Just wondering if the home page is what you refer to as landing page and where exactly am I meant to insert the statement on what problem my business is solving?

My webpage has changed to www.thebowstoreuk.com

Thank you for your support. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hi again! It definitely looks improved. Are you planning to do some Black Friday promotions? You can learn about some of the best methods to prepare for the sale season here

If you haven't started to think about designing your marketing plan, now is a great time! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes