Hope the following suggestions will help you
Hello @Peterpaj, I hope you are doing well! Here are few suggestions that you need to work on:
- Add a sticky header menu.
- Add a footer menu.
- You need to work on the layout of your store. Make it organized and professional.
- Add a banner image in the first fold of the home page with a call to action button on it. Then add a product with a description and call to action button 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy Now'. Also, you can add an engaging video to grab visitors' attention.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Add a discount popup.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Make a sticky header
Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it. If the logo is quite big, I suggest we can move it to the left side. Then I couldn't find your menu, it can help merchants to access your products, collection, business information.
It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.
Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.
2. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page
One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate.
I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).
Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for the same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page
3. Adjust the layout of some sections
There are some sections whose layouts are not suitable and not attractive to customers. You can consider adjusting them, for example:
You can move product variants like this picture and the customer can see CTA button quickly without scrolling down.
The image size needs to be more suitable with the text box size. You also should consider the space between them.
4. Improve your testimonial content
According to the picture below, you can see that the review content does not show fully. You should make the content clear, unique and attractive. You can change the images below by the customer’s images that make this section highlighted. Please note that the Testimonial section is one of the most important in the page which leads customers to purchase decisions. Therefore, I recommend that you invest more time ob it.
To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage (link)
If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.
Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!
Hi @Peterpaj welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
2. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
3. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, you are missing your shipping, return and privacy policies. Shopify has auto-generated policies that you can add in the click of a button. We show you how to do this in our video:
Next, the main banner image you have there (the second photo) features leggings that you currently don't sell. You should only feature what you have in stock.
Standard shipping needs an estimated time of delivery. Not having this information could cause people to abandon cart.
The next thing I would suggest is working on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. In your case - what you are selling are referred to as "TikTok Leggings" this is the platform on which they went viral and what people are searching in Google to try and find them. We did a video on how to do your SEO, I'll leave it for you below.
My final recommendation is to tweak your design a bit. When you have single product websites, it's really important that your branding (your logo, your color choices, your name and etc.) matches the product you are selling.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!