I have been open over the last 5 months and my business is steady. I understand growth takes time. I recently did a collaboration with a company with a large number of followers. I think something is wrong with my site and not sure what my conversion rate is so low. If anyone can have a look at my website. www.upandco.ca and provide feedback I would really appreciate it. I would like to know what I can do to help bring my sales up.
Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.
Before I get into your store though, I want to address your comment: "I recently did a collaboration with a company with a large number of followers." We always caution people that when it comes to collaborations or working with influencers, don't be blinded by the numbers. You want to make sure that their following is your ideal customer. You are Canadian based and only ship within Canada so if any of their followers are outside of Canada, it does you no good.
As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a NAME or NAME in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.
Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.
I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.
You need to add in an estimated shipping time for your free shipping option at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.
POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:
I'd recommend selling locally as well. You can advertise by joining local community groups, Facebook buy & sell pages, joining online trade shows (and in person when you are able).
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This encourages people to purchase through your online store and that way the next time someone comments on a product you’ve made, they can refer them to your website that they now know you have.
Here is a video on how to create discount codes:
You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:
If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thought for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.
First of all, I'm really impressed by your image gallery. It's great that you invest much time in the product images, especially in the fashion industry, where competition is high. I also love the overall aesthetic of your store (the font choice, the black & white combination are superb) <3.
The problem is, building a website is not only about the aesthetic but also about sales and conversion. So I'm gonna make some recommendation
- I checked your store PageSpeed with this tool. And the speed is really low, especially on the mobile version. Now obviously, a lot of your audience comes from mobile, so this is the first thing you need to tackle on. I suggest reducing the slide number (2, 3 slides are ideal), and optimize your images. We have an article about how to increase the PageSpeed, please take a look
- Your products have many color variants, so adding a color swatch, instead of a normal text, is essential. A lot of themes support this feature, so I take a look wisely ^^
- I see that there's a review section on the product page, good jobs
- The images of your collection list have some grey bar, which is not ideal, you can resize your images to have the same aspect ratio.
- It's also nice that you could create a promotion section to urgent buying decision of the viewers
- Finally regarding your collaboration, as @EcomGeeks has mentioned, it's not about the size of the influencer, but it's about how relevant the company's fans are with your brand.
P/S From 5th May: Distribute PageFly Event: This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship, and ZAGO join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommerce 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive".
-> In this event, these real experts will guide you from A to Z on how to build a successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce! This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game.
SIGN UP HERE because we only take the first 500 registers!
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
Hello @Bellani, This is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions. Here are some inputs from my side:
- Add a call-to-action button in the first fold of the homepage.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.
- Add a review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long-term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.
- Add web push notifications. It can be delivered to your customer’s device, mobile or desktop, even when he is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications including browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content, and more.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
Looking for the right & effective app for your store?
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.
I am Vinod from Bombay India. I am a digital marketing consultant by profession providing professional website design and development, Google ads Bing ads email marketing and Conversion rate optimization services.
Firstly congratulations on your new store. Great products too. Good logo too.
Please see my below feedback
Home page I will suggest please try to keep IMP sections
What you mean by flat shipping 5$ onwards just provide flat shipping charges.
Product details page of clothing products pls mention wash care instructions plus mention the sizes in USA or UK or EU size as tag.
Website menu needs to be tweaked.
Sizes really needs to be setted up correctly plus if possible if you can mention on all clothing product pages "made in country name"
What channels of Marketing are you using?
Before you start any paid Marketing pls fix the points.
I will be happy tk grow ur product sales via digital channels pls feel free to email me on
It’s Thao from HappyPoints, an experienced Shopify development service agency.
Congrats on your store! I’ve taken a look through your store and overall, I think your store looks great! Very trendy, easy-to-navigate and I’m totally impressed with your product images. Very fashionable!
However, when I first navigated to your store, especially on the homepage, I felt a bit overwhelmed. I jot down some notices below. Hope it helps to improve your store performance.
1. Announcement bar: The info is not displaying nicely. It would make visitors very confused about shipping Shouldn’t you split it into two different messages; or how about adding a multiple bar rotation display? To solve this issue, you could consider either integrating the Quick Announcement Bar app or simply, just ask a developer to help you check the code!
2. Product page included in Homepage: Your visitors might feel too overwhelmed by too many sections on your homepage. Let’s regard your homepage as a tool to capture the attention of visitors and direct them where to go next. So only display those that are the most appealing sections. For instance, featured collections, Best seller, Customer reviews,...
3. New arrivals section: I’d recommend only displaying a few new arrivals, followed by a CTA directing them to the product page (if shoppers are interested in). What’s more, you can consider to relocate new arrivals collection to collection page
4. Blog Page: I’d suggest you add a blog page to appeal to more visitors. In the fashion industry, Women, no doubt, are keen on reading fashion blogs before making any purchasing decision. Therefore, blogs are an effective marketing strategy to inspire women with content, then drive traffic and boost sales.
5. Move Sales section to Menu bar: Move your sales section to Menu bar to highlight your promotion products
6. Add well-designed and aesthetic pop-up ads on the newsletter: When customers navigate to your store, pop-up ads perform as an effective CTA that could increases conversions.
If you are looking for a Shopify Store Audit Service to optimize your store performance, we can have a talk. We are also offering one FREE store audit report each week, learn more about it here.
Hi @Bellani ,
After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.
Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.
You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.
There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.
I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite
This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails.
If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too