I would appreciate feedback

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

I have never done this before and I  have been working to make sure I have done everything correctly. I would really appreciate any  advice on what I need to do before I open my store. The URL is going to be changed so I already know about changing the domain. Just waiting on my husbands check. 

I am posting my preview url. https://holidays-all-year-long.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1&key=99ce8917768a1061e30a89dbd697adea...

I just need to know if there is anything that doesnt look right before I open the store.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

Beautiful store! Congratulations 

I have a few recommendations for you, I hope my insights will be of help to you. 

1. Since your product pages are long and have a lot of information on them, i recommend you to use the app Simple Scroll to Top.

2. Let the viewer and customers know a little bit about your shipping policies (eg free shipping, etc.) on your home page or a top bar. I recommend you to use this amazing app for your top announcement bar needs - Superbar

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started. 

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together. Since, your images are covering the entire page they're getting a little blurred. So I recommend you to fix that as well. 

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value.

6. "Linked In and Twitter" both are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Hence, should be added to the site footer.

7. Also, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store.  You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

Links - 

Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

I appreciate everything that you told me about. I will try to implement all of thoses changes. I will admit that some of the stuff you were saying sounded like a foreign language to me lol. I was a nurse for 25 years and computers and buisness have not been my jobs of choice before. I may have to ask more advice after i finish what I know how to do. 

Again

thank you so much for your feedback

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

@DCrabtree1967 wrote:

I appreciate everything that you told me about. I will try to implement all of thoses changes. I will admit that some of the stuff you were saying sounded like a foreign language to me lol. I was a nurse for 25 years and computers and buisness have not been my jobs of choice before. I may have to ask more advice after i finish what I know how to do. 

Again

thank you so much for your feedback

Not a problem at all. 

I'm more than happy to assist if you ever need my help again. 

Simple scroll to top
Superbar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

You said that my pictures take up the whole page, I don't see that. And you said that all my pictures need to all be the same size. Can you tell me what you are talking about and how do I change that please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

First of all, you need a hero image on your home page and maybe even a tag line (sort of explaining exactly what you do or sell in less than 10 words).

Secondly, since your product names are long it seems like you're providing a lot of information on your catalogue page.

So either reduce the name of the products or keep only upto 3 products in one row. And also make the size of the image a little bigger on the catalogue page (the text on the t-shirt isn't visible at the first look). Increase the size of the images on the product single page as well. 

Simple scroll to top
Superbar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

That all makes sense except for one thing. Remember that I was a nurse for 25 years not an online person, so what on earth is a hero image? I don't mean to sound stupid I just don't know the terminology very well.

Do you think it would look more professional if I made the titles of my items shorter?

thanks for all the feedback

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

This is an accepted solution.

I apologise for laying all this stuff on you like this. I'll simplify it. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 2.30.56 PM.png

This main image is called a hero image. Pick one image from your collection that you think gives the most impact and if you don't have one yet go on https://unsplash.com/

You'll be able to find free HD images here. Pick one that suits your work the best and add it as your main image. 

Also, yes keep the names of your products less than 6 to 7 words and make the font bold ( you can remove the italics - makes it harder to read)

If you find all my solutions helpful, please hit the accepted solution button!!!! Lots of love

Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Ok I havent got everything done but could you look again and see if the picture I put on is what you are talking about? 

Also how do I make my pictures on the collection page and the product page bigger?

Thank you so much for all your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Could you look at my store again and tell me if my hero picture is what you were talking about? How do I make my pictures bigger?

0 Likes