I would like feedback on the overall look and operation of my page

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I am looking for feedback/ constructive criticism on my page. 

The page can be found at www.gijerky.us

I am by no means a web designer and know there are a couple issues with font looking small/not proportional. I'm trying to get that fixed currently. 

Thanks in advance. 

GI Jerky

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
783 17 221

Hi @gijerky !

Very nice store design, I like your store layout. 

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1522 77 258

Hello @gijerky, I hope you are doing well! here is a feedback:

- In the section POPULAR PRODUCTS, products are unavailable & there is no Add to cart option. The products displayed on the homepage should not be the ones unavailable.

- Add testimonials on the homepage.

- Add bestsellers on the homepage. 

- Add a wide range of products so you don't miss out on sale with limited products in your store.

- Entice customers by giving loyalty points & reward on activities like signing up, follow, or share on social media, allowing for push, on birthdays, and more. This encourages repeat purchases.

- Add web push notifications to retarget your customers even when they are not in your store. Send the latest updates, offers, new products & more without getting the email address.

Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @gijerky 

This is PageFly. 

I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment.

You have a very nice and attractive store, however, I have some recommendations and hope that they can help you. 

1. Home page

1.1 Show all store's collections

I recommend you should add a section that shows featured collection images of collections on the home page to make customers aware of what products provided on your store. 

On each featured image, you can add text overlay to make sure the texts are readable.

1.2 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

1.3 Add more customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop!

I see that you have only 1 review so I recommend you can add more. You can check the available testimonial element here, just drag and drop it and you can edit as you want. 

So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product you display.

1.4 Adding direct links for the "Return Policies" And "Shipping Infor" on the footer

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is important because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://www.gijerky.us/collections/jerky

2.1 Add secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.2 Use the Load more button instead of Pagination

(1) Jerky – GI Jerky 2020-11-09 17-49-30.png

Instead of switching to many pages, go and back, you can replace the pagination with a Load more button. Therefore, customers do not have to change too many pages to see all products, they can press the Load more button to see all products on 1 page. This helps customers easily compare many products and see the wide range of your collection.

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

In the holiday season such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc, I prepared a master guide with unique marketing tips and some checklists to help to most out of those holidays.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

You can consult my new landing page here if you want to have more ideas.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 11

Hello @gijerky, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely amazing no doubt there, the home page and layout visuals everything is great. But I was disappointed that you don't have a logo and also the footer is very huge, I hope you'll fix them soon. Other than that I'd suggest if you try and make your store more engaging, introduce some offers. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little more organized it'd help customers understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.

Capture.JPG 

Moreover, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better sales.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @gijerky.

Elias here with Shopify Support. I think you're off to a great start!

The store is well-designed, the main menu is nicely categorized, there's a good use of high quality images, and this font fits your store perfectly. 

I love that you have a FAQ link in the footer menu, that's a great way to share information and/or to answer some of the more common questions that your customers might have. However, the FAQ link doesn't seem to be linked to a valid page/destination at the moment. 

There may be an opportunity to showcase some of your apparels on the homepage, as that gives your storefront more content and can help pitch product ideas to your customers. If this is something you'd like to consider, you can do this by using one the featured sections included with your theme.

It's great to see this level of engagement from the community and I think there's a lot of valuable feedback shared. Blogs is definitely a great way to engage with your customers and compliment your search engine optimization (SEO), it's also a great tool for announcing new products. Specifically for improving SEO, I'd recommend taking a look at Moz Beginner's Guide to SEO as well as our help doc here

With your store almost ready to launch, it may be a good time to start looking at developing a marketing plan for your store. That said, do you have a marketing plan already?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I appreciate all of the feedback and have made some of the changes that were recommended! Thanks a lot!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @gijerky,

Very catchy name and product, you have great potential!

My first suggestion would be to add some photos of the product, I want to see the jerky!

screencapture-gijerky-us-products-original-2020-11-10-12_47_30.png

My next suggestion is to be more specific - on your about page you have "As a Veteran owned company". For privacy reasons you likely cannot give too much information, but I think sharing a little more would add some trust. Same thing for the homepage where you have "a portion of our profits go towards supporting Veteran organizations". When you click read more, it leads to the About page which doesn't include any further information. It would be great to know which charity specifically, again, it adds trust.

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. This comes down to your SEO, you are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic.

When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

gijerky-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. The issue here is that a person searching for your type of products wouldn't type "Original - GI Jerky" into Google. When typing a title or a description, you want to make sure you are using the same words that someone looking for your type of product would be typing into Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY, PRIZES EVERY WEEK!
You could win: a custom store banner, custom logo & favicon, 1 hour of store tweaks or a complete store re-design!
Click to enter the giveaway! FREE gift for everyone who signs up!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the tips! I agree with you about the pictures and the about me section. I am in the process of getting some product pictures taken. I will also update the about us section with some more details.

-GI Jerky

0 Likes