I would like some feedback because of high bounce rate

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 1

Hello Everyone,

can you please give me some feedback on how my site looks and feels? I saw a high bouncerate and no sells and I would like to get some feedback how my store makes people feel.

Its a german store, so if you can not understand the writing I would just appreceate how it looks and feels.

Thank you very much in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Hi,

As German isn't my native language and using a translator ads the potential for inaccurate answers, I will stick to general appearance.

While you appear to have many of the elements that are usually suggested here, you do have quite a bit of clutter on your landing page. There are multiple pictures that repeat between categories and this takes away from their purposefulness. In other words, limiting your homepage to best selling items and or sales might be best.

Also, it appears that your sale items work in reverse and that you have limited options (only 2?) for making payments. Both of these potential issues might cause you to have a higher bounce rate.

Capture.PNG

You also might consider checking your site speed due to all of your images and other points that are often missed when optimizing shopify sites. I recommend using a free Store Checkup Tool like the one from AdScale. It can help you gain a deeper insight into your store and what might be missing. This is an essential step to optimize your store in order to avoid customers from leaving before making a purchase as well as to lower your ad spend while increasing your ranking by increasing your quality score

With all of this in mind, if you haven't considered how to diversify your marketing plan, this might be part of the reason your bounce rate is not meeting your expectations.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me here for more details.

Hope I've been of help.

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 1

Thank you very much for your thorough answer. I will implement your suggestions tonight!

Do other people have more to add? I appreceate every opinion!

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1673 105 363

Hi Yikes,

Your site is great. The paintings are amazing and the fact anyone can paint them thats crazy.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Rename account to login, Start page to Home - its more user friendly.
  2. Add Our philosophy page in the main menu.
  3. Make sure all the link text is sentence cased. Ex delivery time.
  4. Add an email address, if not a phone number, on the Contact page. It will add an additional level of trust to your store.
  5. https://splattery.com/collections change feature image for people or asian style.
  6. You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest on the site header or footer.
  7. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. Lastly, I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Also its free for upto 100 products. 

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Excursionist
34 1 1

Thank you very much as well. Im already currently working on your suggestions and I will check out your app suggestion. 

If anyone else has something to add I am very thankful for any suggestion!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would maybe show less product on the homepage and tighten it up a bit

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Art Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Remove "free shipping" image and put this section in the footer

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 1

Thank you very much for your opinion! Im very thankful for your reply!

I am currently still working on everything your people told me.

I have some questions to your reply  @DuaneBrown 

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders
      Thank you for this information I had no idea... Now I understand why my competitors use a theme without a slider... I removed mine already, I hope this helps

2. I would maybe show less product on the homepage and tighten it up a bit
      I deleted many sections of the frontpage after the first two replies in this thread. I just want to know if you think this one section "bestseller" shows to many lines? Should I cut it back to two? Can you maybe explain what you mean with tighten it up?
      I always think I show too little product and need to show more...

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Art Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great
      This is a great Idea! I was thinking to add new pictures every other day and give them a discount during the first week or something to make people buy them

Product Page  Feedback

1. Remove "free shipping" image and put this section in the footer
      I will do that, should I show trust icons like the payment types instead?

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof
      Reviews are actually added and working but I deactivated them cause it looked stupid with no reviews at all... Is it good to import reviews from aliexpress? (I feel bad about this cause its kind of fake)

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search
      I will optimize the description over the next few days

0 Likes
Highlighted

There is always a balance with how much product to show on the site. You want to make sure you have a easy and smooth experience on desktop and mobile. To much product can be overwhelming for some people. Since you sell art, I think less art and make each image a bit bigger to see detail would be better for what you sell.

For the product page, I mean that whole image that says free shipping, safe checkout... I would just put that in the footer. Don't show fake reviews. Wait until you have sales and ask people to leave reviews.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 1

Thank you for clearing things up! I will work on it!

If anyone else would like to add something I really appreceate it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hi @Yikes 

In addition to what others have suggested, give the authentic feel to the buyers by importing product reviews if you use from AliExpress.

We do Dropshipping from AliExpress and this app called AppMagica: AliExpress Review helps us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and makes our new store look filled with buyers :).

Cheers!

1 Like