I would like some feedback on my store!

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, I need some feedback on my online store. I have many people visit my store from my Facebook ads, but almost all seem to bounce, I got a few add to carts but no sales. I'm starting to think that maybe this could be because of the product not being interesting enough. 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how I can decrease my bounce rates. I've tweaked my website many times, but I think someone else (who hasn't looked at all day like me) can give me helpful advice and spot some flaws. 
Thank you!  Leysir.co

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hey!

First of all the countdown timer, im not a fan of personally, a better tactic for urgency would be to offer a discount for a limited amount of time. The color scheme isnt as attractive as it could be. Try using adobe color wheel for inspo. You've used stock images, try and incorporate some images of the product in use in real-life situations so users can relate to the purpose of the product. 

Overall the website needs a touch of professionalism in terms of design, structure and copywriting.

Good luck with your store

0 Likes

Hey Nuri,

Bounce rate - put simply - is when someone lands on any of your pages and then leaves the website without clicking to any other page. It's not always negative - I have plenty of people coming to my blog and reading the articles, and then they leave without clicking to other posts or pages. The time people spent on your website [dwell time] is far more important for Google, as it indicates that people find the content valuable and helpful and this will actually push your website up the Google ranks.

Having said that, if you'd like to improve your bounce rate [you didn't mention what % it is though], the best way is to find what is your current most popular landing page [the one people view when they click from Facebook ads] and optimize it to prompt people to check other content on your website. It can be done via internal links - add a sidebar with few promo images linking to your other blog posts or related products, or encourage people to learn more on the topic they're interested in by clicking to another page.

An example of it could be promoting a guide or an article with Facebook ads and the landing page is just a summary of the article, while people have to click to another page to read it in full. A bit risky, as you don't take people straight to the promoted content, however almost guaranteed way to improve your bounce rate, as the majority of people will click further to read the article they're interested in.

Hope it helps!

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes

Hi @NuriDeRuijter ,

I reviewed your store. Here are a few things you might consider changing.

Show off trust signals and customer testimonials on homepage to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales, but it should use in moderation. Making people feel as if they’re about to lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

Social Media: Integrating social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion. Its a great way to connect with your new and existing users. 

Add Social Proof: Put effort Into online reviews & social proof as Social Proof builds brand image. Make use of social media channel to reach more customers. 

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts they can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Try Offers and Discount: try free shipping promos and money-back guarantee offers on your product.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
48 3 17

Hi NuriDeReijter, 

I took a look at your site along with other feedbacks that you have received. I do think that bounce can be caused by so many criteria. 

Sadly, just by changing little details in the design, it is not possible to increase sales rate significantly. 

I thought I will give you some pieces of advice on three aspects: 

1) Design 

2) Customers 

3) Benchmarking 

As for design, unlike the other feedback you received, I think that the colors are calming and neat. Since it is a one-item store, staying on more minimalistic side is a good idea. I see that you have used the same color family on your site and it all looks very cooperate and professional. 

I agree though, that the countdowns have more of a negative impact and give a feeling of unneeded rush. Having a discount or a trustmark instead will bring more benefits. 

On the product page I suggest putting the tutorial video along with the image of the item. The video that you have is great and quite explanatory, however it gets lost with the rest of the info. 

Customers

The biggest reason of bounce is that visitors are not sure if they want to get that item, or they do need that item at all. 

In your case, I would recommend driving more targetted traffic. For that you have to know where your potential audience is "located". 

I suggest working in partnerships with other companies that sell complementary items or services. 

If have not worked in that direction yet, here is a template offered by Shopify to help create a business plan https://www.shopify.com/blog/business-plan-template

Benchmarking 

This is the best way to get inspired. A lot of the times people have faced issues like ours and just simply searching for sites like yours with high sales will do a great favor. 

I myself have used benchmarking with all the startups I have had. Take advantage of that! 

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so let me know by marking this post as a solution or reply for more detailed information. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 1

Some observations:

1. The website looks bland in terms of a theme.

2. Use the images of a product put to use.

3. Create a sense of urgency by giving limited-time discounts on the product.

4. Send the emails to the people who've added the product to the cart but not brought the products.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you for the feedback!
The last tip about promoting articles sounds very promising I will give that a shot! 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you for all your tips, I will definitely be taking them into account!

0 Likes
4 0 0

@Aizada 
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sure that it is going to help me A LOT!
I do however have one question: 
You suggested "working in partnerships with other companies that sell complementary items or services.", but I was wondering how I can do that. Would you suggest searching on facebook for other companies that sell products in the same niche and reach out to them? Or is there another way I can find out about other companies and contact them?
Thank you for your time! 

0 Likes
Tourist
48 3 17

Hi @NuriDeRuijter 

First off all define the products that are complementary for you. 

From the top of my head I can think of any construction agencies,  furniture sellers, supply shops, warehouses etc. Once you have that list done, all you have to do is contact those and offer maybe getting featured on theirs sites and offer something similar back. There are a lot of methods of working in partnerships.

Do not limit the search by Facebook only, you can use any Social media for that. 

If you have additional questions, feel free to drop me a line. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes