I would love some feedback on my store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just rebuilt my shop using the new theme "Minimal" I would love some feedback, please. 

Also, I added an app for a discount wheel spin upon entering the homepage. I feel that it might look "spammy" any thoughts on that would be much appreciated.

www.unicornsquare.com

I was attending Pop-Up shops for my business but am now moving everything to web so this is pretty important to my business. 

Mahalo,

Bridget

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @unicornsquare!

When it comes to pop-ups and other features that are meant to encourage engagement, less is more is an effective approach to take. Your homepage is very valuable 'real estate' so to speak. Every piece of content on there should have a purpose. You've done a great job adding content to the store, you will want to now start optimizing it.

Ask yourself, why the discount wheel, share, or message us app? How does this benefit the visitor and how does it benefit the business? In the case of the Spin offer, if your goal is to start email marketing you will need to build an email list. This app is one of many ways to build your email list. What is in it for the customer to submit their information? You can add value to the customer by offering a discount code upon signing up, or an entry into a contest, etc. It's always best to test how your site performances with it on vs. without. We actually have a guide here that goes over how to run a split-test!

Also, I find the sharing widget is great to show on blog page articles to make it easier for your visitors to share across various platforms. But on your homepage, it isn't necessary and takes up precious space. Remember, visitors can always just copy/paste the URL in their browser and share your website if they are inclined to. 

Just some food for thought! With that said, I have compiled some of my favorite apps that are used to encourage visitors to take action. These apps are pretty passive and do a good job not appearing overly aggressive/spammy:

Lastly, I encourage you to check out our free logo maker tool called Hatchful. It doesn't require any coding or design skills to use. The tool will provide you with dozens of pre-made options tailored to your business. A logo is often the first thing someone will associate with your business. It's important to have one that looks professional and is true to your brand.

Let me know if that helps! 

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. The logo looks large enough, kindly concise it.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  6. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://unicornsquare.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store, and you've done a great job on the redesign. However, I do feel the wheel spin is a nuisance, and I rarely see it having a positive effect on conversions. Perhaps even delaying that popup until the customer has had a chance to browse the store would be a better user experience than bombarding them with offers before they even get a chance to browse? 

In terms of site critique, there are only a few things I'd like to consider: 

• Make sure all images are a crisp high resolution and adhere to the dimensions mentioned in our Minimal help document
  • I love your About Us sections, and I think having a little bit of that content, specifically your mission as a business, on your landing page would be great. 
  • Your Facebook link in your footer is broken. 
  • Have you considered adding a Contact Us page to your store? 
  • You've put some great work into your product descriptions. I would love to read some feedback from your previous customers about their experience with your business and your products. 

What is your marketing strategy for the online side of your business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @unicornsquare 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

An important thing I couldn't find is reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes