I would love to get feedback on my store. Marilyn's Gift. website www.marilyns.gift.

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

We have been in business for about 10 months.  Could you please take a look at the site - www.marilyns.gift and let me know your thoughts?  We are trying to figure out how to get more people to our site and buying our gift boxes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheryl

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1770 111 320

Dear Cheryl,

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 25-35  . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile.

marilynspeed.png

• Improve Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.

marilynspace.png

• Home page Banners need to improve
  • Add all policies documents at footer
  • Add Custom Slider with Call to Action
  • Add Custom search
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add to cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer on your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve. Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Need to do some basic on page SEO

If you need help please contact us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there @chg ! Your store looks pretty fine. I love your favicon... it's something different! Here is what I'd like to suggest - 

1. Utilize your homepage in telling more about your store with catchy copywriting, images! 

2. On your homepage, I'm getting an option to share the product, but when I open the product page, I don't see any social media icons or an option to share the product!

3.  Your fonts are too basic. Do you mind adding a little customization to fonts and revamp the overall look and feel of your store? 

4. Try and have a dynamic cart button instead of having a fixed place for your cart. 

5. Why don't you add pop-ups that communicate offers or a small game where users can spin and win something? This might be a good CTA!

Rest, everything looks good! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce enthusiasts with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customization; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy!

For your convenience, we have broken down a seller's journey to Shopify store set-up into 3 simple stages - so that you know at which stage you're in and what all needs to be done! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

All the best for your eCommerce journey! .-. 

Wish you luck with your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted

@chg nice and warm store you have.

I like your idea about subscription option))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Alex from e-Scraper, 

Extract and get data from any website into your Shopify store https://e-scraper.com/shopify/#freescraper

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @chg 

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and maybe add some detail about the gift boxes, and why someone should buy from you. 
  2. Add some information about shipping on a page on your website. Right now it’s buried in your FAQs. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users.
  3. In the same vein, have you thought about adding product labels or banner to catch your users’ attention? These are kinds of “mini banners” which can make your products like trending, bestseller, etc stand out. Apps like Modemagic can help you apply product labels on your images. 
  4. Lastly, your testimonials can be improved - add images to them to give them a more human touch.

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks for your suggestions @Sajay   I have an announcement banner that indicates that shipping is free.  Would this be what you are talking about?

Also, I would love to understand how you would make modifications to the first fold?  Should that be where the products are located?  I have thought about doing some A/B testing but not really sure. how to go about that without getting an app.  Any suggestions?

Again thanks!

Cheryl

0 Likes