I have launch my website about a month ago and I got 2 sales so far.
I'm getting traffic from facebook but with abandoned carts, I would appreciate give me feedback on my store www.modernfarmhousestore.com
Thanks a million
Hi @Mohammed_Jaber !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
You have very interesting products, that is why people are adding them to the cart. However, there are some reasons why they are not going to the final stage - purchasing the item. First of all, let me give some recommendations to you regarding your store.
1. The homepage should include:
- Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
- Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
- Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool.
- Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
- Add login/signup con
- Add CTA to the hero banner- think more about the image, maybe you need to make slides, to represent what you are selling
- Add more info in "About Us" page
2. In order to decrease the number of abandonment purchases - you need the Wishlist feature. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
3. SEO - add more keywords to the headings of the products and to the description.
4. Add secure payment badges.
5. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
9. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
10. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
11. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I've taken a look at your store. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add email id or business address in Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
2. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.
3. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
5. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
6. Add more payment options other than PayPal which will be convenient for the customer to purchase products.
7. Add newsletter section to the footer so that it is common to whole store.
8. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
9. Add filters in Catalog page to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hi @Mohammed_Jaber welcome to Shopify family,
I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really neat and well-maintained store,
I've reviewed your store a couple of feedbacks I'd like to share which might be useful to you
1. Engage your audience by writing a blog with good titles and promote it on different social media platforms, this creates an impression among your customers that you are knowledgeable and will look upto you for further information.
2. Create social media accounts and attach the links to the footer menu this will help in promotion and will solidify your brand as social media is the new norm.
3. Add a section of most liked/brought products by adding this most of the images in the gallery will be reviewed.
4. Ask your customers to review your products as 70% of people will go through at least one review written by the other customer.
5. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
Great work. However, I still have some suggestions to help you optimize your store as well as your sale: