Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. The Community would be happy to take a look at your store and offer some constructive feedback.
Could you provide a URL to your store? Also, could you give a brief overview of how you are attracting traffic currently, and your current marketing strategy? Thanks!
My website- Littlesweetiesclothing.com
I am getting 100-150 views a day. Currently running Facebook and Instagram ads and have been doing that 2 weeks before we launched to build an audience. I have been trying to engage with customers by posting polls on Instagram to get customers opinions on new product ideas.
Hello @LittleSweetie ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
The site itself looks good @LittleSweetie, you've done some great work on it.
Prior to launching paid marketing campaigns, I'd like to dig a little deeper into what market research you performed to ensure that there is a demand for these products among the audience that you are targeting with your ad campaigns? Are there specific marketing personas you developed that you are targeting?
If you're finding that your traffic is not converting, it's almost certain you are not targeting the correct audience, or the audience you intended.
Have you considered running some blogger/influencer campaigns, that would have the double effect of tapping a ready made audience for your niche, as well as creating some review content you could host on your site?
Hi @LittleSweetie ,
Here are some suggestions that you can consider :
1. Favicon should be added to make site more identical to the users.
2. Customer Testimonials could be added to increase trust among shoppers.
3. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.
4. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app.
Turning More Shoppers Into Customers
Hey there LittleSweetie,
Hope you're doing well and safe.
Congratulations on your store! I must say the design, images and the products look adorable and the website looks really great and easy to navigate. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time.
I do have a few recommendations for you, I hope my insights will be of help to you.
1. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.
2. Collections - You should feature your product collections instead of products from 1 collection, let show your visitors the broad range of your products, they can easily and quickly find out what kind of products you're selling.
3. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
4. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.
6. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store.
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products or who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well.
And as for urgency -
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Our ad agency works with 3 kids brands that selling clothing and toys. Here are some ways to make your site better based on our experience.
Product Page Feedback
Your store is going to need some work around your product images and making sure you have a consistent brand and experience. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @LittleSweetie !
Welcome to the Shopify family and I wish you good luck!
1. Being a mom, I love your kids' clothes, so cute and nice! You have very good products.
2. Place CTA button "shop now" on the hero banner.
3. Add the login icon on the right on the header (near search and add cart).
4. Add trust badges - users should trust you before they enter their credit card number.
5. Instead of placing our favorites - you can place products by collection. Or use this space for the blog - add a blog page, it will increase site visibility and tell more about your products.
6. Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
7. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
10. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.