I would really appreciate any feedback on my first store!

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi! I’m Gabbie and I’ve just set up my first dropshipping store. I’m totally new drop shipping and I’ve had an Etsy store before. I know there are things I can learn and I would love some constructive criticism.

Please feel free to take a look:

www.kitty-cactus.com 

(sorry- on mobile and hyperlink isn’t working)

Thank you in advance!

Gabbie

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kittycactus 

I am Victor, Lead Marketing of PageFly - Page Builder and I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment. Your store looks quite professional and beautiful, and I like your products.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the sticky header

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page. 

1.2 Move the slideshow banners to the top of the page

Kitty Cactus cute homewares store 2020-09-14 13-38-43.png

• The slideshow banners will let customers have a general view of your store and tell them what products are being sold in your store. The call to action buttons are also on the banners, therefore I recommend you should move the slideshow to the top of the home page 
  • The banner images also need to focus on the products and they should be quality images

1.2 Invest in collection images

Kitty Cactus cute homewares store 2020-09-14 13-43-43.png

Showing the store's collections on the home page is a good point because this helps customers be aware of your store's collections without spending time to find out all. However, the collection images are only the symbols, and this obviously makes customers confused because there are no real images to show what the collections are. 

I recommend you should add the real images with high quality instead of showing symbols like those. 

1.3 Add customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

1.4 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I also notice that you put your store's social media on the footer but it is less attractive, therefore I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

2. Collection page

I take this example https://kitty-cactus.com/collections/cactus

2.1 Add secondary hover image on each product image

I also see you include different images but they seem to be small. I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.2 Use color swatches for products

Color variants are the key factor in customer's choices. In your list of products here, if you don't indicate color variants and customers cannot be aware of this, they cannot find their choices and this increases abandoning your store. You can check my list of what the Shopify collection page needs and many tips provided for a collection page.

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate.

I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips. I also include the Shopify collection page tips on it. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Wow, thank you do much for your detailed feedback! I’ll implement all of these!

Very much appreciated! Gabbie

0 Likes