IS my Cart bad?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello all I am new to the community.  I wanted to know why I get plenty of cart impressions and checkout impressions but little to no sales.  Well plenty for me is about 60.  I think today I am close to 60 cart impressions with about 46 Abandoned checkouts.  This is for a free item that buyer only pays shipping of 6.99.  The only sale I made today got cancelled.LOL.  I have improved my cart impressions by a lot just by running ads with 2 influencers at the same time.  I do have a pixel and I am retargeting those people who went to checkout.  I also am sending out emails to people that. abandoned their carts as well.Does it take a few weeks to start seeing conversions with retargeting an emails? My url is www.thriftyalien.com   Why are people leaving my checkout? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

It might be worthy to note that most impressions for carts are coming from India..so...maybe a scam I don't know

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1432 89 306

Hi

Your store is really decent and has a nice feel throughout as is quite unique. It seems that visitors find hard to trust at your store.
You can work on few things suggested below which I noticed while reviewing which will help you in gaining some trust to the visitor and will encourage them to stay longer which will eventually drive you through a lot better sales.

1. Your homepage is little to conjusted , give some space to breathe .
  2. Try to merge both of the full-width section to one and instead you can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  3. Your social links are not working and repeated twice in the footer.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  6. Checkout Boost let you increase checkouts and prevent cart abandonment. Incentivise customers with irresistible offers that boost your checkout rate by 25%+.
  7. You can convert more traffic into qualified leads and customers from the app. SiteKit fast-tracks your business growth by turning visitors into subscribers and customers with lead generation campaigns and high-converting tools.
  8. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty as No suggestion offered while searching. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 60 products. It is hard to find products for anyone who is new to the store. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @dharperdd 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement 

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

You might consider adding a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 1 1

I don't think it's your cart page or flow that's causing the drop-off. I think by offering a "free" product you are getting a lot of people to go through the site because they want the item but when they realize they have to pay for shipping they drop off. Have you done any testing with the reverse approach? $6.99 with free shipping? Or better yet $10 with a $3 promo code and FREE shipping? Might be worth testing out and seeing if there's a difference in conversion metrics. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Man everyone thank you for the feedback.  I never realized that we are always getting things sold to us.  LOL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1432 89 306

Thankyou for liking the post . Happy to help you.

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes