In need of an honest opinion for my store's (https://ecstatech.co.za) UIX and Sales Funneling

KevTech
4 0 0

Hi Guys

So I went in to this thing with a plan to aim my store at the US but quickly found that with the lack of a verifyable address, this is not the best option for me since I would also be targeting my home country, South Africa. These two countries have a huuuge difference in shipping costs so finding products that can work for both countries is rather scarce. So I registered a .tech and .store domain as well which I will be using for the US market as well as a global umbrella to link the two and who knows, maybe add more to the empire further on. 

So question 1 is, which domain would be best suited for US and best for Global "Hub" if you will?

On to my 2nd question and request. If you dont mind scrolling through the multiple pages and products, would be appreciated and not trying to market my own brand here but this is needed to answer the question which is, "Do you see any issues with the funnels taken in order to get to the end goal of actually making and finalising a sale?" 

Look, I have not done much marketing as I am still fairly new to Dropshipping and I am a web designer that has built many e-com stores but those stores were and still are run by owners of businesses that make, stock, whatever... their own products or items. Dropshipping has been quite an eye opening experience for me especially with regards to South African Dropshipping "extra hurdles" I needed or need to get over. One big hurdle is Payment Gateways. I have added PayFast and PayPal, Payfast being the SA version basically of PayPal. The problem with PayFast is however, that if the customer doesnt pay for their order by using the PayFast-Instant-EFT option within PayFasts payment gateway, that money only clears in my PayFast account after 2 days and then it takes another 2 says for me to clear it once I request that money that I just waited 2 days to call my own. Frustrating but the question here is, OH RIGHT, Question 3 is, "other than the funnels to get to payment options, can you see anything that would cause a customer to change their mind about making the purchase or maybe you can recommend a better payment option that i could include or even replace with?

I think thats all for now. Thank you for listening to my ramblings and I hope that I have done this request for feedback correctly. I apologize if I did not and will hopefully do better on the next one.

Kind Regards

Kevin Bourn from EcstaTech

wa: +27(0)66 458 6271

0 Likes

Hey @KevTech,

Congratulations on launching your store!

To answer your question about domain name registration for the United States, I'd recommend a .com domain over a .tech or .store.

As for your second question, I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, you have a currency converter but it doesn't seem to be working.

ectech-product.png

I would also recommend adding product descriptions under the title. The "About" and "Specs" links kind of get lost at the bottom, I think a most people will miss them all together.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case, it's using the specs overview). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Now, as far as your products go. With tech products, in the United States, a person has access to hundreds of tech items in any of the big box stores close to them. They can also order online through retailers or Amazon. When a person is searching for a certain tech product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. That's not to say you can't compete, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. What I'd recommend setting is yourself apart by researching what is currently trending in tech and focus on selling that. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes
KevTech
4 0 0
Wow guys!

That was some really insightful feedback (except the videos don't work, can
you please send them again. All they are right now is this, " [video] ")

I really appreciate all the feedback and the time it must have taken to
type all of that out. Feeling quite special here guys! The best part is, I
can actually see where you are coming from with each point and agree with
you on each. As a web designer, I' glad I posted that request because I
literally had those epiphany moments as I was reading each of your points
and wanted to kick myself for not taking more notice of these.

Anyways, I'd just like to say thank you, very much and I really appreciate
the time and effort you have given me.

P.S - The ecomhunt link is f@(K1n& amazing! Big ups to Modacai!
0 Likes