I just started my first online store, and I would love to get some advice on what I could do to make it better.
I get about 200-300 visits to my site every day, but I make no sales. What am I doing wrong?
If someone can visit my store and let me know what they think I would be super appreciative.
First of all your site looks neat! I like the genera looks
Some easy things you could do to improve.
Hello @martinbell, I hope you are doing well! Every eCommerce seller faces this sooner or later. There are some ways that can help you to engage these visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers. Here are some points that you can work on and take into consideration:
- Add multiple images of the product on the product page.
- I would suggest you to add an engaging video of the product on the home page which will attract customers and make them want to purchase from you.
- Add a separate page of shipping policy in the footer.
- Most importantly make your store engaging by adding customer engagement tools in your store. You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.
- Add a web push notification to retarget your customers even when they are not in your store. It will help you to bring back customers to your store. Notify them about price drop alerts, new updates, and offers. This can help you to increase conversions.
- Add a newsletter signup popup with a discount code to attract customers and increase the number of email subscribers. You can then retarget customers accordingly.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.
Hope this Helps!
Aimless changes on your website won't bring more sales, even if you haven't covered "the basics" and "the best practices". What if these changes push you away from what your visitors need to see/know/feel before they buy from you?
That's why it makes sense to first focus on the needs of the visitors and then figuring out how this translates into website elements/design/functionality/experience.
In order to give you adequate feedback that has meaningful ROI, looking at your site I have some questions:
1. What made you choose a travel-oriented product when travel is at is lowest?
I'm not saying there aren't people who need a travel perfume, but the segment is way smaller in the current economic context and season (unless you are selling to people in the south hemisphere). Broad targeting may not work as well as it could have worked two years ago. This is not bad, as long as you are super clear on the people you want to reach with your ads and offer.
2. Who are you targeting at the moment?
What are the demographics/psychographics you've identified of the people that you know need a travel-sized perfume now? This is going to be the yardstick with which you should measure your website.
"Do people like that buy things like these from a site like mine?"
If the answer is "no", then what is missing from your website compared to the other websites same audience is using to shop travel-sized cosmetics and perfumes?
I'm Richard- CRO expert at PageFly Advanced Shopify Page Builder. I would love to have some feedback on your storefront and hopefully can help you in generating sales.
1. Page Speed
Your page speed on mobile is very low, and it can hugely affect the customers' experience, as today, most people use mobile to surfing webs.
2. Page Layout
- Your page layout is not proper. The first section is not full width, while the second section is stretching out. You should consider to re-arrange it. Find more pre-made templates here.
- More importantly, you should place the Search bar in the Header of the page, not in the Footer, so that customers can easily find help at first.
3. Product page
You should not put the product image and description in 2 rows, put it in 1 row and 2 columns instead.
And add CTA buttons here.
And that's all for my feedback. If you find it helpful, please LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Hey @martinbell , hope you are doing good. I visited your store, I have few feedbacks which can help improve conversion of your store :-