In need of feedback on my store!

martinbell
1 0 0

I just started my first online store, and I would love to get some advice on what I could do to make it better.

I get about 200-300 visits to my site every day, but I make no sales. What am I doing wrong?

If someone can visit my store and let me know what they think I would be super appreciative. 

https://pocketperfumeshop.com/

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 66 137

Hi there!

First of all your site looks neat! I like the genera looks

Some easy things you could do to improve.

• Add a call to action button, maybe "Shop Now" in the hero image of your homepage, below "FOR THOSE ALWAYS ON THE GO".  Currently there is not easy/quick way to access you catalog from the homepage.
  • Add "social proof" to your homepage.  I see you have reviews in your product pages so just get a selection of your reviews and feature it in your homepage.  I believe this can be easily achieved with Judge.me which is what you are using for reviews.
  • Add your Unique Value Proposition to your product pages:  While you have nice content in your homepage describing what is unique about your products, you have nothing of this short in your product pages.  Thing that not all users will access through your homepage but may land directly in a product page.
  • Missing product description: Add product descriptions to your product page
  • Make it easier to find your shipping costs:  I cant find an easy way to know what are your shipping costs.  Are you offering free shipping from X$ order value? If you do, announce this on all pages
  • Improve your Q&A: You are answering some stuff here but there is a lot of questions about the product and also about post-sale stuff (shipping, returns, etc...) that is missing
Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2459 142 445

Hello @martinbell, I hope you are doing well! Every eCommerce seller faces this sooner or later. There are some ways that can help you to engage these visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers. Here are some points that you can work on and take into consideration:

- Add multiple images of the product on the product page.

- I would suggest you to add an engaging video of the product on the home page which will attract customers and make them want to purchase from you.

- Add a separate page of shipping policy in the footer.

- Most importantly make your store engaging by adding customer engagement tools in your store. You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence. 

- Add a web push notification to retarget your customers even when they are not in your store. It will help you to bring back customers to your store. Notify them about price drop alerts, new updates, and offers. This can help you to increase conversions. 

- Add a newsletter signup popup with a discount code to attract customers and increase the number of email subscribers. You can then retarget customers accordingly.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
87 8 25

Hi @martinbell 

Aimless changes on your website won't bring more sales, even if you haven't covered "the basics" and "the best practices". What if these changes push you away from what your visitors need to see/know/feel before they buy from you?

That's why it makes sense to first focus on the needs of the visitors and then figuring out how this translates into website elements/design/functionality/experience.

In order to give you adequate feedback that has meaningful ROI, looking at your site I have some questions:

1. What made you choose a travel-oriented product when travel is at is lowest?

I'm not saying there aren't people who need a travel perfume, but the segment is way smaller in the current economic context and season (unless you are selling to people in the south hemisphere). Broad targeting may not work as well as it could have worked two years ago. This is not bad, as long as you are super clear on the people you want to reach with your ads and offer.

2. Who are you targeting at the moment?
What are the demographics/psychographics you've identified of the people that you know need a travel-sized perfume now? This is going to be the yardstick with which you should measure your website.

"Do people like that buy things like these from a site like mine?"
If the answer is "no", then what is missing from your website compared to the other websites same audience is using to shop travel-sized cosmetics and perfumes?

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please ☕ :) paypal.me/rsdimitrov
0 Likes

Hi @PeanutButter,

I'm Richard- CRO expert at PageFly Advanced Shopify Page Builder. I would love to have some feedback on your storefront and hopefully can help you in generating sales.

1. Page Speed

RichardNguyen_0-1611913398742.png

Your page speed on mobile is very low, and it can hugely affect the customers' experience, as today, most people use mobile to surfing webs.

2.  Page Layout

RichardNguyen_0-1611916097329.png

RichardNguyen_2-1611913616192.png

RichardNguyen_1-1611916136849.png

- Your page layout is not proper. The first section is not full width, while the second section is stretching out. You should consider to re-arrange it. Find more pre-made templates here

- More importantly, you should place the Search bar in the Header of the page, not in the Footer, so that customers can easily find help at first. 

3. Product page

RichardNguyen_6-1611915327623.png

You should not put the product image and description in 2 rows, put it in 1 row and 2 columns instead.

RichardNguyen_7-1611915912497.png

And add CTA buttons here.

And that's all for my feedback. If you find it helpful, please LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.

Thank you!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
0 Likes

Hey @martinbell , hope you are doing good. I visited your store, I have few feedbacks which can help improve conversion of your store :-

• In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
  • I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
  • Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
  • Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
  • Adding Product Stickers /trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

7.png

Thank you,
Mufeed Aziz
0 Likes