In need of some feedback please

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Good morning! I have recently come back to Shopify and have re-done some things with my store. Apparently my store speed is slow, which I think is in part why people aren't staying long. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to make some of my products "made to order" and can't figure out how to do that in Shopify (like it's done on etsy). I need someone to please take a look at my site and let me know if anything looks wonky or glitchy and may be causing the speed to be slow., AND any suggestions on the made to order issue. I'm currently using the Minimal theme but also have Debut theme which I'm making changes to before I decide whether or not to switch.  www.yankeebellejewelry.com is my site. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Heidi,

The theme that you are using is very basic and by looking at the products you are selling I would like to recommend a theme to you. It is called Brooklyn and it is FREE to use. One of the best free Shopify themes out there. You can find it here: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/brooklyn/styles/classic. I know you have probably spent a lot of time designing the store, but choosing the right theme and feel for your store is key.  If you need any help with designing the store, feel free to send me an email at ecomideasbuilder@gmail.com. I can give you some more tips and feedback there. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Feel free to contact me for help regarding store design and set-up!
Email: ecomideasbuilder@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1
Thank you so much Ryan! I will give that theme a look for sure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1411 71 239

Hello @HeidiAnn, I hope you are doing great. I reviewed your store. Here is the feedback for your store:-

1. About the homepage:-

- There is a lot of whitespace in the header.

- You should create a drop-down menu in the header for categories.

- On the homepage display high-quality slider images- collection list- product recommendation-testimonials-newsletter subscription box- instagram feed.

2. Some marketing tools that you can add to enhance customer engagement in your store which will help you to capture visitors & convert them into paying customers:-

• Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.
  • Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.
  • Add reviews and Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A. Collect reviews and display them.
  • Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product.

To implement these customer engagement tools in your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. 

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @HeidiAnn,

First of all, I think you've done a great job with your store so far. You can tell you've put a lot of time and effort into your writing and uploading and organizing all of your products.

After looking at your store, I have a few recommendations.

My first recommendation is changing your navigation to instead read something along the lines of "Bracelets" "Earrings" "Necklaces" "Sets" and etc.

yankeebelle-links.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time working on your store SEO. When you are selling something as competitive as jewelry, you really need to make sure you are targeting your intended audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, we don't want that for you. You've very obviously put a lot of thought and time into your store and you should reap the rewards for that.

When I look at the SEO of your products, I can tell that you've thoughtfully written each description. The issue is that a person trying to find the type of product you are selling, likely wont be able to find you. If I were searching for a bracelet like this, I would type "mother of pearl bracelet" or "mother of pearl wrap bracelet", something along those lines. I'm not saying to replace your beautifully written descriptions with keywords, that would be something we don't advise either, but just to put yourself in the place of someone searching who is not a jewelry creator and doesn't know all of the names of the different materials or the correct terminology.

yankeebelle-meta.png

We walk you through how to do this and many other ways to optimize your store so that you can reach your intended audience in our video:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
390 41 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @HeidiAnn

Have seen your store and I have some comments for you:

- Firstly, I've checked your site speed and it's quite normal, not slow. But if you can still improve the speed, it would be great. 

- Secondly, I'll have some suggestions for you about your store:

+ Those banners should have CTA buttons and your messages. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1603682733272.png

- Same size and same background color here would be great.

ConveyLego0612_1-1603682835741.png

- What does this section mean? No title, no button. It makes your site look unprofessional. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1603682948257.png

- Your homepage lack some sections below:

+ Featured Products. Also, add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

+ The key features of your products. 

+ Instagram gallery where you can show your product photos and Instagram content. You can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery, it will help you create one with ease. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Quantity section

+ The title for your description 

+ Upsell and Cross-sell methods 

ConveyLego0612_3-1603683438991.png

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 16 200

Hi @HeidiAnn !

Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

Add testimonials - it is important to have social reviews - only like this you can earn trust from the customers

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thank you so much! I will look into that app and your other suggestions and see what works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for such a detailed and specific response! I will be re doing all of my photos over the coming weeks to make everything look more consistent and professional. The fact that you included screenshots with info is awesome and is greatly appreciated, especially for someone who is a "visual learner". 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thank you for responding. I have been considering adding videos as well.

0 Likes