Recently the traffic to my store has increased however I am getting little to no conversion. I would love to get some feedback on my store and any suggestions would be great.
Since Labor day I have had the same problem. (increased traffic but no conversions not even active carts) I am new to this myself but I have been dealing with new google compliance rules for the last 3 months and with the help I am getting I have learned a lot. I did look at your site and I think you have done a excellent job. The photos are great! (I don't know how you make it look like all the animals are smiling) The colors are awesome and it has the feel of a warm happy site with informative copy and like I said great photos. The only thing I am seeing is since there are so many online stores popping up people start to worry about trust and at the end of your information copy there are always the 5 star badge (I know it says rated 5 stars by numerous dog owners) but most won't read that they will only realize there are 5 stars on every item & the 100% guarantee badge (your site is already warm and has a trustworthy feeling and the stars and guarantee badges make it look like your second guessing the site) these are really not needed. If you really want to keep those badges put them after your reviews if your site can do that. You have may great reviews with photos and after reading the reviews your customers should already be sold. The 30 day guarantee paragraph is good and should stay followed by the free shipping worldwide badge. Hope this helps and if you have any questions please reply. I would love it if you would give me some feedback on my store.
Thanks and have a great day
Hi @Birkby16 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
2. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
3. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
Just take a look at your store and have some comments for you:
- I think the biggest problem is your product page.
+ You're letting your customers have to scroll too much to see all the product information. I think nobody wants to scroll that much.
+ Add Buy now button under the Add to cart button.
- About this section, you can try to replace it with a shoppable gallery.
You can see the example here:
If you want to create one, just check it out Shoppable Instagram Gallery
- About the low conversion problem, you can try to check the statistics. Do you target the right people?
By the way, your store looks clean and fresh. So try to keep it up!
Hope this helps!