I got ride of most of my stock photos, I took my time to design my site, and yet, I'm having trouble getting people make purchases from me. Majority of my sales come from people that I personally know. I tried paid ads through FB & Instagram & I didn't make one sale from those ads. How do I get people to buy? my website is labelleiman.com I'm open to all feedback.
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website. The products have good photos and there is a nice layout. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. Ultimately, I think you need to create more trust for visitors. One way to do this is to add a reviews section for each of the products. People will be more inclined to purchase if they see others have and enjoyed the product. You can also write descriptions that show the customer how they'll use the product and makes them imagine wearing it, rather than a basic description of it.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @KC20 !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. Your header is too big - in order to make it smaller and more neat, make your logo smaller and move it to the left. Add login icon
2. I like your "About us" page with an amazing image of yourself
3. Hero banner - you have a good call to action ,however, I suggest to change the image- choose the one that will speak from your brand, tell your story and resonate with your brand.
4. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
5. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
6. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
7. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
8. There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop
9. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
10. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
12. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @KC20 welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The logo very attractive but the header size is too big to reduce the header size to medium size by this the website header will look neater also a large population will recognize the brand way faster if the logo is placed on left because the majority of people are habituated of reading left tor right.
2. A set of high-resolution banner images with a sliding feature be added to the banner tile also an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%.
3. LinkedIn can also be added to the list of social media icons in the footer section. While clicking on your social plugins, it's opening on the same page. I would suggest that this opens up at a new tab so that your customers still remain on your website.
4. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
5. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!