Is my checkout page showing a different currency?

Highlighted
7 0 0
Hi Shopify community,

We need your help! After about a year of struggles with using a number of different multicurrency apps and Shop Pay, we think we finally have a solution but need someone outside the US to review our check out page and tell us if you see an automatic currency conversion. Right now, we enabled Shop Pay for 10 other currencies outside of the USD. They include Australian dollar (AUD), Canadian dollar (CAD), Danish Krone (DKK), Euro (EUR), Hong Kong dollar (HKD), Japanese yen (JPY), New Zealand dollar (NZD), Pound sterling (British pound) (GBP), Swedish Krona (SEK), and Singapore dollar (SGD).

Our site is www.chirotafund.com. You can use the following link to test...just enter any amount and click on contribute to take you to a checkout page. https://www.chirotafund.com/products/christmas-gift-donation

Really appreciate your help. We added a currency selector that seems to be working on our home page and product page but if you have a moment to test that too we would greatly appreciate it.

Our number 1 concern though is the ability for customers to checkout in multiple currencies. Thanks!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Appreciate your feedback. We’re you able to see if the checkout page was converting currency though?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi, here from Australia!

Here is some test results. When I first visited your website, I saw the currency was in USD. After 1s, the webpage refreshed itself, and showed currency using the local AUD currency here. The second time when I visited your website, the currency was in AUD right away.

There is an issue for first time visitors.  For example, I have read towards the button of webpage, but then the webpage refreshed after about 1s, and the webpage went all the way back to the top(I was worried it could be a fake site. Especially as a fundraising website, the initially feeling of trustworthy is essentially)...1s refreshing time is too long.

You could potentially check Geo Redirect tool. It can detect your visitors locations and redirect your visitors instantly, appropriately 60 to 300 milliseconds, providing custoemrs seamless experience. The tool is easy to use and integrate within a few steps. No code is necessary. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

You can test yourself how the website looks like from different countries. Here is a free tool: https://geotargetly.com/geo-browse. Just type in the website URL, and your testing countries, you could browse your website looks. It supports over 80 countires.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Thank you so much for such great feedback. Really appreciate your thoroughness. That quirkiness going on with the refresh is concerning and will definitely take a look at that.

Were you able to see any currency conversion on the checkout page? I was trying to figure out if Shop Pay is still working while we have the multicurrency selector on there. Thanks again for your help!!!
0 Likes