I opened my store in March 2020 and its been an ongoing progress, but having looked at some of yours in this thread I am now considering changing my theme.
Could you please have a look and let me know what you think https://gaitaco.com/
In the first 12 months there was 9887 sessions with a conversion rate of 1.19%.
Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.
I've taken a look at Gaitaco.com and I think you're on the right track. While I can see many elements that would make a friendly website on your shop (eg. store policies, testimonials, etc.), and there's a good use of sections provided by your theme - giving a pleasurable viewing experience. However, it's always good to update your theme or to try a new theme every now and then, as your shop will continue to grow and change with the times.
Though updating the theme isn't something that you need to do often, doing this helps ensure that you're getting the latest features offered by your theme. That being said, you can install up to 20 themes on your store - so I'd encourage checking out some of our free themes.
You can also try third-party themes; however, it's important to note that third-party themes are non-refundable, so be sure to use the preview feature before making your purchase. You won't be able to access the theme's coding without purchasing the theme; however, the preview feature allows you customize the theme through the Storefront editor, so you'll be able to view the theme using your own store's content.
I'd be happy to make some theme suggestions, but in order to determine which theme would work best for you - can you tell me which features you need? Also, would removing the "Powered by Shopify" message in the footer be something that interests you?
As for increasing conversions, do you have a marketing plan for your store?
Hello @mcgowanco, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
- This area should not be blank. Add products there.
- Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.
Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers.
Make your store engaging and interactive. If your store will be engaging and interactive, it will help you to maximize customer engagement in your store.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Yes I have noticed the blank spaces and have been unable to fix this. I'm coming the to conclusion it may be a glitch as it simply appeared on day in a few of my categories....
Having looked at a few other websites here, I am now in the process of changing themes. I will be going from Debut to Empire
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments and hope it would be helpful to you:
I- Home page
- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit a page.
- I would recommend you add a CTA button on your hero image that leads to your best-selling/ featured products to increase conversion rates.
II- Collection page
- You can consider adding secondary on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products.
- You should include both the user rating average and numbers of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.
- It's great to see you are using Grid View on your Collection pages, however, if possible, I would suggest you adjust to make the image thumbnails a bit bigger and reduce the numbers of products in a row from 5 to 4 products so users can easily assess and compare among the products.
III- Product page
- Product Price is one of the most important criteria for users to assess a product, therefore, I would suggest you style the Product price to be more noticeable.
- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 images of products for all products.
- You should display “return policy” on the main product page content that will make people feel more confident when making the purchase.
A page builder app is an ideal solution to help you build your pages quickly and effectively. At PageFly, we offer 70+ pre-made templates that help users reduce a lot of effort in building pages and they can spend more time on marketing activities.
Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Best of luck!