Is my store design good enough for me to start spending money on ads?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

basically any feedback on my store, I am new to eCommerce, thanks

eartape.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @jjjjjjj,

When designing your branding - establishing colors, creating your logo, your website and etc. you have to put aside your personal preferences and instead look at what appeals to your target market. On your homepage I can see you sell ear tape for both men and women but when I look at your logo and website, there's this disconnect. In your logo you have a butterfly and your website is pink throughout.

screencapture-eartape-products-earlap-ear-corrector-2020-11-03-10_38_43.png

I would recommend changing the pink background to white and at the top where you have your logo and links, you can add a pop of color, perhaps blue. You could use that same pop of color in the add to cart button as well.

The other thing I would say is because you sell a single product (which is great, your ads will do better for you if you have a target audience), a standard theme might not be the best choice for you. You are going to have lots of spaces to fill in that you don't necessarily need. A landing page type of theme might be a better option for you.

The other thing I would say is you need more information on this product. People who don't like the way their ears stick out are going to have questions - does it correct overtime or is this a temporary solution? Research the alternative, people getting this done surgically, what is the reason people might want to try ear tape first? Instant results? No surgery? No recovery time? See what it looks like before you commit? Those types of things.

My other recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, I appreciate it. When I first found the product, I had the impression that it was targeted to females more than males, due to the product itself having purple/pink colors, especially in the video and cover of the product. That's why I chose to use pink for the whole store. Also, one concern, if I work on SEO, will my site show up on google if someone were to google ear tape, or do we have to run Google search ads for the site to show up on search results? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

@jjjjjjj,

Thanks for explaining your thought behind the pink, that makes sense. In your second banner image you have a male model so when I saw that, that's where the confusion happened for me. However, if you are targeting females, by all means incorporate some pink, I'd recommend using only some pink; leave the background white and use pink in the top banner and buy now buttons. I'd also remove the image of the male model.

ear-tape-home2.png

To answer your question, good SEO will show up in search results without running ads. In fact, I'd advise against putting money into ads until you've done your SEO research, have established who your target audience is and have made some sales. Run ads when you know you've got a product that people are purchasing and you want to extend your reach. If you ran ads now, you would get traffic, but likely little to no sales.

When you haven't made any sales yet, keep your costs low by getting organic traffic by improving your store SEO and spend time on social media. Having active social media accounts will add trust to your brand and it's a way that you can drive traffic to your store for free.

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes