Is the Tshirt industry simply an oversaturated market? Generating lots of interest but cannot seem to capture sales

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi everyone,

I have followed shopify resources pretty diligently in setting up my online store. I still have a little more work to do in terms of including live models but so far I'm implemented most of the material I have been exposed to on Shopify. The things I feel I did diligently are:

• Developing a niche idea that I also happen to be passionate about 
  • Creating a nice looking website and using bright product mockups
  • Social media activity: Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter 

Is the clothing/Tshirt industry simply just an oversaturated market or is there something that's not coming across well with my site? Honest feedback will be appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 154

Hey Tomi,

I've got a side business making t-shirts and I can tell you it is a really hard market to crack. The most important part with maintaining a strong brand is to keep that social media activity up high so that people are being exposed to your designs more and more.

Your site is beautiful and your Instagram feed is really flush; have you tried getting bloggers who are writing in the same vein as your site to talk about you? Have you set up at any trade shows with samples, or sent samples to fans?

There's a great article on this at A Better Lemonade Stand by Richard Lazazzera, who also wrote a great blog for us on starting in the shirt business : http://www.abetterlemonadestand.com/how-to-start-an-online-tshirt-business-24-hour-guide-challenge/

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
146 0 11

Hi Tomi,

Just a small suggestion - change images(thumbs) size on index page, they are too small. Snapwidget allows you to change thumbs size but not sure if this allows you to keep users on site (no outbound traffic).

Check out our site and let me know if you like Instagram gallery - http://ssw-demo.myshopify.com/

Cheers,

Eldar @SocialShopWave

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease.
0 Likes