It’s been a week without seeing our first sale

Solved
Miamimink
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi! Thanks for reading and offering your opinion/critique. Trust me I can use them! I spent 6 months building an Instagram following to 1k and I’m also on pinterest, Etsy, Facebook and TikTok. My store launched on January 11th, 2021 after hyping up our pre-launch campaign during that six month period. It’s been 7 days since launch and we’ve received zero sales. ZERO! We’ve taken the necessary steps to optimize images including image size, file name and alt text. The store speed is not the problem, since we’ve done decent job at speed optimization. Can you guys please look at our site and tell us what we may be doing wrong or need to fix?! We sell eyelashes and we totally understand that today there are thousands of lash brands/companies out there and the top 5 on Instagram have a total of more than 4 million followers combined. Besides the extreme competition we should at least have seen our first order... right?!? Maybe we need to adjust our pricing. We’ve also ran targeted Facebook and Instagram ads and even ran an ad on Pinterest. So far, no luck. PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. Our store is miamimink.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Miamimink,

I've taken a look through your store and have a few thoughts.

First, on your homepage banner, I'd switch that photo out for maybe a slideshow, each slideshow could have a photo of a model wearing a different type of lashes and then a shop button that leads to whatever product the model is wearing.

screencapture-miamimink-2021-01-14-11_52_03.png

My next thoughts are on the number of steps a person has to take in order to get to checkout:

1. Click a category from your homepage
2. Look at the lashes
3. Hover over to see a price
4. Click to get to the product
5. Scroll down to find the add to cart button
6. Click add to cart

Most of these steps are specific to the theme you've chosen (ie. needing to hover over to see a price). Although the effects are interesting, it's really not worth it to add all these extra and unnecessary steps. You want to make it as quick and simple as possible for a visitor to see something they like and get to checkout.

Another thing I noticed was your navigation menu. Unless you are coming from the homepage, a person is going to have a very hard time finding your shop link. The hamburger menu in the corner will go missed by many because the eye is trained to look for those links in the navigation bar you have. If they do make it to the menu, again, no shop link, I see filters but no links to hottest styles or natural or mink. Additionally, everything under "Shop By" is hidden under a dropdown so a person would need to click the plus sign to see any links. Again, the dropdown menu effect is nice but it is unnecessary to have them in a hidden dropdown menu, it's making navigating your store very difficult.

miam-links.png

All things considered, I know it's a big job, but I do think you should change your theme. Look at something that best showcases your products and makes navigation easier for your visitors.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. You have names like "BELLEZA" and "PATRONA" which are great but it's not good for your SEO. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You can keep the titles you have on your store and change them on the SEO end of things, we have a video on how to do that:

The last thing I'll touch on is your shipping costs. I would eliminate the express options for worldwide and international.

miamimink-checkout.png

Final thoughts..
I'd recommend checking out Atomic Habits, or this article for a glimpse at what I'm taking about. I think where you are at currently is what they describe as "the valley of disappointment". You've done a lot of work to get your following to where it is, keep going. Oh, and also look into adding Shopify Sales channels so that your followers can purchase through your social media accounts.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook