JUST OPEN

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

Hey online friends, I just opened an online store and I would like you to check it out and give me some feedback. This is all new to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 91 148

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you keeping today? 

I'd be happy to provide some constructive, as I'm sure would the entire Community. Would you mind sharing the URL to your storefront so we can take a look? 

How have you found the setup process so far? Have there been any roadblocks you've encountered? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

Hi Cal,

I worked hard on the store for a week. I just used trail and error to get the site set up and learn how to navigate through it. I just basically click on everything I could and am now familiar with how to do anything.

You can find my store at:

X-XX-XXX.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

Hi Cal,

I worked hard on the store for a week. I just used trail and error to get the site set up and learn how to navigate through it. I just basically click on everything I could and am now familiar with how to do anything.

You can find my store at:

X-XX-XXX.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

My store can be found at:

X-XX-XXX.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 91 148

Hi @Peter1980! Ah perfect, the store just popped up for me. Let me take a look! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 91 148

You've made a great start! There are a lot of wins on the store, but there are some areas I think you could really add to the customer's experience on your store: 

• Add a favicon to your store. 
  • Tell me more about the mission statement of the brand, I'm still not sure what the brand is all about. There is very little text copy on the site in general, I'd suggest spending some time writing some great, detailed sections. Have a look at competitors or some of your own favorite stores, what story are they telling with their landing page? 
  • Develop a comprehensive About Us, detailing the backstory and the mission. You can learn to write a great About Us here
  • Your navigation is a little sparse. Where is the FAQ, and store policies? 
  • I can see some sort of Instagram widget under your banner, is that intentionally there? 
  •  Your banner images don't represent the brand very well. Why not have models wearing the products? Would you consider doing your own in house photography with some of the products?

You've made a great start so far, but there is still quite a bit of work to do. I'd like to see all that added, and for you to check in with us again! 

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

My only problem, is I can't get the link to reach Facebook and Instagram where it says: follow us. When you tap on them it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

Yes, there is a story behind it. X-XX-XXX stands for the first 3 decreasades of the 21st century. 10-20-30. I started the page in school in 2013 as a peace keeping project. "War, no more help spread the action of peace". As soon as my Facebook page hit over 1k likes I decided to open the store where proceeds will go to an online SATALITE school in Bangladesh. I know there's more to do but this so far is how far I got.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 5 1

i don't know how to get ride of that instagram widget.

0 Likes