Hello I just launched my store selling mineral specimens for collectors and would appreciate any feedback that you could give to help make it as appealing and user friendly as possible. I havn't had any sales yet. Please take a look and let me know what you think? www.mineralextractor.com
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on your store. I appreciate your benign initiative but your website needs some modifications. It has the potential to go viral and draw handsome revenues. But your website needs some touch-ups. I'm gonna mention a few points below:
There are very few stores like yours on the internet having such a beautiful concept. But I think even a website such elegant as yours need some marketing. Marketing and promotion are the second most important jobs to be done, once you've launched your website.
Secondly, there's one shortcoming: Product Descriptions are not proper. It is really necessary to have alluring and informative descriptions.
We at Descrii offer similar services to start-ups at a very reasonable price range. We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. Our team consists of some very talented professionals. And we will be obliged if you give us a chance to be a part of the beautiful journey of your store that lies ahead.
Marketing Officer, Descrii
Visit Our Website- https://descrii.tech/
Find us on Shopify store- https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions
Congratulations on launching your store. I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.
I think you've done a great job here. Great text and a call to action, well done! My only recommendation here is to stretch the picture out the full width of the page and decrease the height a little. There is a phrase "above the fold" which essentially is everything you see before you have to scroll. The banner is important so it's worthy of some space but I wouldn't recommend as much space as it is taking up right now.
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. Your currency logo is good, I would just recommend adding in some color.
Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.
A quick tip on color - if you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:
I’d recommend adding in a currency converter since you ship worldwide. Here is a video we did showing some free currency converter app options:
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.
Once you have your social pages set up, I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.
You can also expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping. Easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to Google Merchant Center with AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app for Free.
For you, I’d recommend creating videos of you extracting these crystals. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook (I recommend doing both). As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
I can see the potential here, I think a lot of people would love to see this type of content. It’s going to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
Definitely think this would be great for you, hope you give it a go.
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at email@example.com for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
- Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search. Remember, these customers are armed with information and are often ready to buy. We want to make buying the products as easy as we can.
- Issue with navigation - Make your store easy to navigate. Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. If your store will be easy to navigate it will help you to reduce the bounce rate.
- Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process. So instead of having to add items to the cart, going to the cart page, and then to the checkout page, they can go from the product page to the checkout page in one click. This way, you reduce drop-offs and cart abandonment.
- High- quality images- Add high-quality & attractive images in your store.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- Reviews- Add reviews on the product page. 83% of people read reviews before making a purchase.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.
- Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.